Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

The Secret Ciudad Quesada

Re: The Secret Ciudad Quesada

Postby Volcano » Wed May 22, 2019 1:11 pm

I’m happy knowing my way and happy with all those really nice people we meet daily here. Once here there’s plenty to do and see and the food is fantastic, some more shops and less estate agents may help, a bit of tarmac on the roads and a bit of road paint too, maybe better WiFi and a big flyover spray to kill the mosquitoes once a year but otherwise lets give a big cheer for Ciudad Quesada and the people who know where it is.
Volcano

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Wed May 22, 2019 3:08 pm

Volcano wrote:I’m happy knowing my way and happy with all those really nice people we meet daily here. Once here there’s plenty to do and see and the food is fantastic, some more shops and less estate agents may help, a bit of tarmac on the roads and a bit of road paint too, maybe better WiFi and a big flyover spray to kill the mosquitoes once a year but otherwise lets give a big cheer for Ciudad Quesada and the people who know where it is.

:text-goodpost:

Welcome to the forum Volcano. You just found us! ...Maybe this forum was a secret too.
:text-lol:
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Jan » Wed May 22, 2019 4:27 pm

Volcano wrote:I’m happy knowing my way and happy with all those really nice people we meet daily here. Once here there’s plenty to do and see and the food is fantastic, some more shops and less estate agents may help, a bit of tarmac on the roads and a bit of road paint too, maybe better WiFi and a big flyover spray to kill the mosquitoes once a year but otherwise lets give a big cheer for Ciudad Quesada and the people who know where it is.

To address a couple of those "needs" above - A mosquito spray programme is in place and most years (we don't always know they have done it) they spray the local salt lakes where the mosquitoes have their parties lol. It's just that some years are worse than others. It also obviously depends whereabout's you live and unless they are swarming it also can depend on what vegetation you have in your gardens or where and how you sit out at night.

As for Internet personally I've not had a problem with my switch on switch off set up and most people in last few years can find a decent set up to suit them. Things are defo improving!

As for road pot holes, no different to the UK there.

Yes the signage on the roads could do with re-doing more regularly but it's IMO the heat in Summer and heavy rains at times that degrades the chalk paint quicker than UK.

It's still a lovely part of Spain to live as you said above .
Jan
Site Admin

Postby A.N.Other » Wed May 22, 2019 5:38 pm

The Old Don Carlos serves a decent pint of Guinness and I've found Quesada fish & chips to be good value for money on the infrequent occasions I've happen to dine there but to be totally honest those two apart I've found little else particularly appealing about the place.

Don't take that too personally though, fact is I simply couldn't live on any urb!
A.N.Other

Which part of Spain are you from?: Almoradi

Postby marcliff » Wed May 22, 2019 5:45 pm

Guinness and Fish n Chips? Bet you love going to Scarborough every year.
There are plenty of places in Quesada not on "urbs". However, some "urbs" are very pleasant.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby camionpilot » Wed May 22, 2019 6:24 pm

The road signage and markings would be greatly improved [ and last considerably longer ] if the tight local authorities adopted the polymastic [with glass particles ]white lining material which is laid down hot that the UK uses instead of the weak white paint that they use here !!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Red Rock » Wed May 22, 2019 10:00 pm

I make you damned right if you are still around Chico

all very well to say it is part of Rojales but when it is dark and your flight has been delayed over an hour and your directions don't mention that it doesn't really help

I drove round for ages not knowing how near I actually was
Red Rock

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Glassfull » Wed May 22, 2019 11:46 pm

camionpilot wrote:The road signage and markings would be greatly improved [ and last considerably longer ] if the tight local authorities adopted the polymastic [with glass particles ]white lining material which is laid down hot that the UK uses instead of the weak white paint that they use here !!!!

Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu May 23, 2019 7:20 am

Glassfull wrote:
camionpilot wrote:The road signage and markings would be greatly improved [ and last considerably longer ] if the tight local authorities adopted the polymastic [with glass particles ]white lining material which is laid down hot that the UK uses instead of the weak white paint that they use here !!!!

RE Painting the signage and road markings keeps quite a few people employed,they,ve just repainted in Rojales,Formentura and surrounding areas I,ve noticed, even the stuff they use in the uk crumbles if the weather get to cold or to hot and theres been reports of tarmac melting.so the the uk not perfect,just as spain is,nt
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Jan » Thu May 23, 2019 7:23 am

A.N.Other wrote:The Old Don Carlos serves a decent pint of Guinness and I've found Quesada fish & chips to be good value for money on the infrequent occasions I've happen to dine there but to be totally honest those two apart I've found little else particularly appealing about the place.

Don't take that too personally though, fact is I simply couldn't live on any urb!

Each to his own of course, but urbanisation is not what anyone would generally call Quesada these days. It started as an urbanisation years ago but grew bigger and bigger. In fact bigger than Rojales.
Only technically is Quesada an urbanisation these days.It is part of Rojales. There are urbanisations' in most towns and Quesada has many urbs but it isn't 'one' urbanisation.You can choose to live on an urb in Quesada or not, like in many local towns.
Jan
Site Admin

PreviousNext