Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Jolly Gel for Pools Special Offer for Forum Members

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Re: Jolly Gel for Pools Special Offer for Forum Members

Postby Black » Tue Mar 19, 2019 8:33 pm

The granules you are referring to are chlorine, they give a "shock" treatment rather than the gradual release of the normal tablets. Useful when the chlorine level is low, but then bleach will do the same job.

Jolly Gel appears to be nothing more than a flocculent, and an expensive one at that.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Mel » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:23 pm

Black wrote:The granules you are referring to are chlorine, they give a "shock" treatment rather than the gradual release of the normal tablets. Useful when the chlorine level is low, but then bleach will do the same job.

Jolly Gel appears to be nothing more than a flocculent, and an expensive one at that.

Thanks for that Black
Mel

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Espanabums » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Black wrote:

It is not a flocculent per se. It is classed as a filter enhancer, it leaves a sticky layer on top of the filter medium, being sand or glass, that traps the finest particles of dust. The result of a first application, in tandem with running the pump foe 24 hours, is spectacular; leaving the pool looking crystal clear.

You can buy it, amongst other outlets, at the pool shop in Benimar for 20€ for 4 applications, so hardly a fortune.

It is no substitute for good pool maintenance, you still need to maintain your pool´s chemical balance before you use Jolly Gel.

It does enhance the sand filter´s performance, and is recommended by lots of online pool maintenance advice sites without an axe to grind.

Try it yourself, if it does not work it will have cost you 20€ for nothing. It does work, however, and leaves you with champagne rather than just water. IMHO of course and I have nothing to do with the company, only a grateful consumer.
Steve & Jill, Torrevieja
Espanabums

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja Centro

Postby Will » Tue Mar 26, 2019 1:56 pm

Black wrote:The granules you are referring to are chlorine, they give a "shock" treatment rather than the gradual release of the normal tablets. Useful when the chlorine level is low, but then bleach will do the same job.

Be assured if Jolly Gel was just an expensive floculante we would not use it! Although I have not done the math! it makes the pool Christel clear and as we use a salinator on a lower setting (for salt pool chlorine production) thus reducing wear and also waste a lot less water when back flushing, so I would say it is far more cost effective and saves us money and the pool is amazing, I suggest you give it a go or you will never know! We were amazed and I am sure you would be if you try it!
Will

Postby Black » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:37 pm

The manufacturer describes it as a flocculent?
https://www.allswimltd.com/msds/180MSDS ... 240214.pdf

FYI Mercadona sell a flocculent treatment which makes much the same claims, but it costs €1.90 for 2 sachets.

I'm not doubting the veracity of Jolly Gel, because I've never used it. Every pool is different and in some cases it may make a difference. I'm happy with my water clarity, fortunately I don't have any overhanging vegetation dropping organic matter into it.

The numbers do not seem to add up though- with a tablet that costs €5 and lasts 3 weeks it's difficult to see where the savings come from.
Black

Postby Mr Scoopy » Wed Mar 27, 2019 9:41 am

FYI Mercadona sell a flocculent treatment which makes much the same claims, but it costs €1.90 for 2 sachets.

How do you use these sachets? I.e. Do you just empty them into the pool?
Thanks for any info.
Mr Scoopy

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Luis

Postby Black » Wed Mar 27, 2019 8:27 pm

Mr Scoopy wrote:FYI Mercadona sell a flocculent treatment which makes much the same claims, but it costs €1.90 for 2 sachets.

How do you use these sachets? I.e. Do you just empty them into the pool?

Thanks for any info.

You simply place a sachet in the skimmer basket after backwashing the sand filter. It creates a layer on top of the sand that traps and filters fine particulates. You could of course place it in the pump filter as per Jolly Gel instructions, but the net result should be the same.

You can also buy a liquid flocculent in Mercadona, it costs about €8 for 5 litres. It takes about a litre for a typical pool, just be sure to mix it with water and disperse it rather than just dumping it in neat. You should only really need this if your cloudy water problem is quite bad.
Black

Postby Donaluminio » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:08 am

Black wrote:The manufacturer describes it as a flocculent?
https://www.allswimltd.com/msds/180MSDS ... 240214.pdf

I'm not doubting the veracity of Jolly Gel, because I've never used it. Every pool is different and in some cases it may make a difference. I'm happy with my water clarity, fortunately I don't have any overhanging vegetation dropping organic matter into it.

The numbers do not seem to add up though- with a tablet that costs €5 and lasts 3 weeks it's difficult to see where the savings come from.

Yes Jolly Gel is a flocculent but a far superior one!

The product from Mercadona Is 100% aluminum sulphate
and is a pH- and temperature-dependent product. Jolly Gel is a far superior product not containing aluminium.

Jolly Gelwas originally manufactured for use with zeolitic high grade filter media used in swimming pool pressure filters. This is because the standard flocculents being marketed interfere with the ion exchange capability of this type of filter media. It was also found that because of Zeolite’s natural structure, the collection of fines when using Jolly Gel was far quicker and more efficient. It was reported later by the pool trade that when used in conjunction with silica sand Jolly Gel noticeably reduced maintenance time and cost when compared with aluminium sulphate or liquid flocculents.

These findings are being backed up every day by our new customers!

The offer for forum members is at the reduced price of 18 euros for a pack of four tablets.
Don Aluminio Building and Reformation.
Telephone number
Rob 642325054
Email [email protected]
Donaluminio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Donaluminio » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:16 pm

The sunshine after the rain! Jolly Gel is certainly that, pop one block in the pump filter and the water will be clear in no time, no need to flock then having to wait for it to settle, using a lot less water and effort!
email [email protected] and we will drop you some off if you are local.

(4 in a pack- each block works for up to 3 weeks) 18 euros
Don Aluminio Building and Reformation.
Telephone number
Rob 642325054
Email [email protected]
Donaluminio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paratrooper » Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:00 pm

Hi there

What is the difference between your product and the gel they sell in pool shops fairly cheaply? Thank you
Paratrooper

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

PreviousNext