Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What business is not in cuidad Quesada

Re: What business is not in cuidad Quesada

Postby Nikon » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:57 pm

sawasdee wrote:From what loads of people on here have previously said they would like .... buy/hire a minibus and start a regular bus service around Quesada/to the airport/to the beach.

Well i must say this seems a brilliant idea if you could get through the red tape and bucaracy imagine how much it would increase trade for every business and letting agents. Surely this needs looking into
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby TonTri » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:59 pm

Nikon wrote:
sawasdee wrote:From what loads of people on here have previously said they would like .... buy/hire a minibus and start a regular bus service around Quesada/to the airport/to the beach.

Well i must say this seems a brilliant idea if you could get through the red tape and bucaracy imagine how much it would increase trade for every business and letting agents. Surely this needs looking into

I think there are a few posts on it before and there were too many obstacles to it. I agree though it is something definitely needed.
TonTri

Postby Roy Dainty » Wed Aug 08, 2018 6:18 pm

Whilst Quesada offers so much, there are a few things missing. A major one is a bus service around the town. The bus stops are there but no service. Provision of this would make a major difference to the many residents who are unable to drive. The taxis are good when you can get them but far too few to meet anything above low demand.
Roy Dainty

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby mondo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:16 am

I agree about a bus service...

but taxis are fine and reliable.. IMO

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dave c » Thu Aug 09, 2018 5:52 am

Yes but works out expensive to use daily, where as a bus wouldn't.
Dave c

Postby mondo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 7:51 am

Dave c wrote:Yes but works out expensive to use daily, where as a bus wouldn't.

You are right of course but ... a bus from, say quesada to Rojales might cost a euro (for 4 people = 4 euros).

A taxi (if there are 4 in it) might cost 6 euro but door to door and in comfort for 50 cents more is not too bad..

But a bus would be good...or a fancy road train... they have one in Gran Alacant and that works just fine..
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Dave c » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:55 am

Yes a hop on hop off road train would be Great idea and would prove to be popular and a good earner. If
Dave c

Postby glen.monks » Thu Aug 09, 2018 11:15 am

Like the tourist train in Torrevieja
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 pm

people want a cheap bus service! that's why there isn't one, buses don't run on fresh air, they need a driver and wages and maintenance,licences etc, paying a euro from Quesada to rojales is just un feasible....and people say they would use it
what only in summer?would you be prepared to pay a reasonable cost,as most buses are subsidized bye the local councils in the uk hence the high council taxes, who would be the first to moan if your council tax went up in spain to subsidise bus users,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby elchedave » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:32 am

Glassman,
We recently moved from Quesada to Urb EL Eden near Guardamar where we have a very good local bus service which runs From & around Guardamar centre, into Eden, through to El Raso, Moncayo, Larrossa & back into Guardamar on a reasonably regular service, all for 85 cents per person so it is definately feasible.
Our bus service runs seven days a week in summer & drops back to mon - fri outside July & August, the buses are rarely packed but the service still runs.
OH!!! & our council tax is no more expensive than when we lived in Quesada/Rojales.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

PreviousNext