Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Pre OP Hip Replacement

Re: Pre OP Hip Replacement

Postby LA MARINA LADY » Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:24 am

Thank you I take note
LA MARINA LADY

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:14 am

if you could pay for the hip replacement op, whould the hospital not do it a.s.a.p., thus relieveing the pain, ……….what price is suffering,
a lot say cannabis oil is good for pain,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby LA MARINA LADY » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:26 am

Hello thank you for your reply. I would go privately in an instant but the hospital told me I have to lose weight otherwise the replacement may be rendered no good also a risk of infection!!! Thank you re cannabis oil I have this also. Started physio Tuesday has made things worse but presume has to get worse before it will improve, we shall see.
LA MARINA LADY

Postby manxmunk » Fri Aug 17, 2018 3:52 pm

Hi La Marina Lady, glad the tablets are giving you some relief, I spoke with my brother today, he has had both hips replaced over the past 3 years, unfortunately apart from the medication there isn't a lot that will help relieve the pain, however if you sleep on your good hip, try placing a couple of pillows between your legs, one above the knee and one below the knee. He said this sometimes eased it enough for a longer period of sleep, but other times it was a case of relying on the medication.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:36 am

can I ask ?what sort of employment you had, curious as to why some people in sedentary jobs need hip replacement's and some people in active labour/manual jobs don't...…….is it through sitting around and less movement that the hip deterriates or do they wear out thru over use? .
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby LA MARINA LADY » Sat Aug 18, 2018 8:48 am

I was a civil servant, my dad had arthritis of the hip but was never operated on. I get a bit anxious because all this weight business is OTT in my opinion a form of discrimination, what if I or my husband preferred me with a bit of weight and as I have said if I had s fall they would have to do the op. So difficult to lose weight when you can hardly move. I have been given a diet based on hospital food, says it all really. Thank you for your message
LA MARINA LADY

Previous