Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How do estate agents work in Spain?

How do estate agents work in Spain?

Postby PhilPen » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:31 am

We have a place in El raso and we are thinking about selling up and buying a larger villa with a bit more land and a pool. Does anyone know, ( I am sure someone does), about how the commission on a sale works in Spain? Is it like back in England where you negotiate a percentage?
Any advice on what to expect would be much appreciated, along with any potential pitfalls!
TIA.
Phil
PhilPen

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Re: How do estate agents work in Spain?

Postby Jan » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:47 am

Before this topic gets going, please everyone just answer the main question and stay friendly. Estate Agent topics tend to bring out those who want to criticise and make negative comments which are unneccesary.

Thank you.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby El Buho » Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:55 am

I suggest that you make general enquiries at a local reputable estate agent without commiting yourself
El Buho

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby mondo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:10 am

When we sold a property ip the coast the commission was 3% if it was just with them, or 5% if it was with two or more agents..

It worked for us, but ask, ask, ask... remember they are working for YOU...

mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Lockey57 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 11:21 am

We have just sold our place and bought a bigger place, it depends on what you are selling for but we looked at many estate agents and a general rule of thumb is 3% or 5000 euros whichever is the greater + Iva of course you might be able to get a deal if you instruct only one!! Remember there are lots of other costs when selling also, good luck.
Lockey57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Algorfa

Postby grichn » Mon Aug 13, 2018 12:57 pm

Hello If you want to buy a place without ANY agents fees then have a look at my place in Crevillent: 4 beds 2 baths, cloakroom, 12 x 4 metre pool, garage for 4 cars (could be a letting unit) plus carport for 2, big storage room, 300 olive trees, built 12 years ago, all legal, in quiet cul de sac with good neighbours. 2 Minutes town, 8 minutes to the best hospital in Alicante (vinalopo), 15 minutes airport, 20 minutes beach. 275,00 euros advertised, 265,000 without agent.
What more do you want? Send me a Private Message if interested.
Regards
Richard
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby Reginaldo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:22 pm

Be very, very , careful...once bitten...etc etc
Reginaldo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Florida

Postby Chris21 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:49 pm

Speak to Property Shop, Phil and then Property Choice, both have different methods of doing the fees, (Or did) I believe one caps his fees at a set price and the other will charge a percentage. Just do some serious homework about everything involved and as much as possible about who is involved. It can get messy !
Chris21

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby Niktam » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:24 pm

I looked last year at selling and then buying another property just down the road for only 15K or so euros more. No mortgage and the costs for everything excluding the 15K for the actual property were around 25K euros so I didn't bother.
Niktam

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby cerveza » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:23 am

Had very good experience with Villa Amarillas in Quesada. Honest, reliable, tell you things as they are so no surprises later on.

But it;s getting worse and worse to sell your house, prices drop because there are simply more and more houses on the market due to the Brexit escape and ALL those new ones coming on the market.

So people who are want to sell desperately go to that Swedish one next to the ayuntamiento but they ask 6% + 21% tva on top of it,…that;s a lot off your money……

Shop around, negotiate and be lucky!!!
cerveza

Next