Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dental charges

Re: Dental charges

Postby marcliff » Wed Aug 22, 2018 4:30 pm

Provided, of course, you can find a dentist willing to take you on as an NHS patient. Many won't.
However, Dental Europa by Consum charged me €230 for a complete re-build of a tooth including a crown.
Removal (and I had the unfortunate experience of that a couple of weeks ago) is €50.
Cleaning and check up was €30.
The other good think is that they don't charge if they don't do anything. My wife has been about 3 times regarding a problem and got a prescription for anti-biotics, a free sample of some special toothpaste and advice on a few things but wasn't charged anything for those consultations.
There are many dentists around and all seem to charge varying prices. Some are very expensive and some quite reasonable. Ask for a list of charges before you use them.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby cheflady » Wed Aug 22, 2018 5:13 pm

My hubby last week went to a clinic in Los Montesinos for a relign cost €250.00
cheflady

Postby ros4111 » Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:53 pm

I went to Carident too and the service was so great. I found the cleaning especially good always.
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby bbrich » Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:49 pm

Once again "marcliff" is on the money. Trying to get on a Dentist's NHS list in the UK is nigh-on impossible. I've given up trying. At my BUPA Dentist in South Manchester last month I had an emergency assessment appointment followed by a second appointment where they performed a route-canal filling to fix the problem. Great treatment and very flexible appointments, fitting me into cancelled slots etc., BUT - eight hundred quid. Yes, £800. The Spanish prices quoted here seem to be par for the course. BB
bbrich

Previous