Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Dental charges

Dental charges

Postby Haze » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:20 am

Morning all
Recently been to dentist for checkup (which is free) was informed needed clean 80 euros and new cap on one tooth 320 euros plus possible root treatment further 300 euros!!!! I'm completely shocked at these prices. Any one inform what they have been charged would be helpful
Thank you.
Haze

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Dental charges

Postby John1cup » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:55 am

I recently broke a tooth went for emergency appointment (30 Euro) found out needed a root canal treatment and also a crown total bill 520 Euro all done with no pain excellent treatment and a lot cheaper than the uk.
John1cup

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby polop » Wed Aug 22, 2018 8:57 am

Yes we always have dental work done here , vg treatment and far cheaper. .
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby shirlie anne » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:05 am

Hi i use the dentist in algorga 40e for a clean. 280e for root canal treatment. Don't know the price of a cap tho as never had to get one..80e seems very expensive just for a clean.. maybe shop around more to find less expensive as i find if you go to more spanish villages it is cheaper. Good luck
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:25 am

Look in Google at Smile dental clinic Torrevieja and you can see their price list. I think give or take a view euros they are all pretty similar. I always use Smile, lovely people, no NHS for teeth here
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby garysl » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:29 am

You didn't go to a dentist in Benijofar by any chance did you? My wife went for a free check up and was quoted a lot of money for work to be done. Instead, she went to a Spanish dentist in Rojales and had the same work done, for less than a third of what she was quoted, originally.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed Aug 22, 2018 9:31 am

prices far cheaper than private uk dental work prices and more efficient service,
recently paid ,€120 for 2check ups ,2 cleans and 1 chipped tooth sharp edge smoothed off, in Rojales @ sonjas near sprite bar,excellent service speaks English would recommend ,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Janjan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 12:03 pm

I think the Prices are similar to the NHS ones now they have 3 Bands of treatment . A much betterr idea. I used to dread the Bills years ago. Every Dentist I went to in Spain cleaned the teeth as they checked them. There is a Dentist in Quesada who quoted me 1000euros for a Crown ten years ago. A Dentist in Torrevieja did a lovely job for 300euros.
Get recommendations and ask questions.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Spannygranny » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:44 pm

I pay 70 euros for a check up and clean at Carrident, the price quoted fot a crown is about right, much cheaper here than the UK.
Spannygranny

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Jan » Wed Aug 22, 2018 3:57 pm

Spannygranny wrote:I pay 70 euros for a check up and clean at Carrident, the price quoted fot a crown is about right, much cheaper here than the UK.

Not sure that it's cheaper in Spain as I had a crown done in Band 3 and the price included check up, Xrays, scale polish and would have included fillings and root canal treatment and more if needed - All for £256.50.

Here's the NHS prices:

Emergency dental treatment – £21.60 This covers emergency care in a primary care NHS dental practice such as pain relief or a temporary filling.

Band 1 course of treatment – £21.60 This covers an examination, diagnosis (including X-rays), advice on how to prevent future problems, a scale and polish if clinically needed, and preventative care such as the application of fluoride varnish or fissure sealant if appropriate.

Band 2 course of treatment – £59.10 This covers everything listed in Band 1 above, plus any further treatment such as fillings, root canal work or removal of teeth but not more complex items covered by Band 3.

Band 3 course of treatment – £256.50 This covers everything listed in Bands 1 and 2 above, plus crowns, dentures, bridges and other laboratory work.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Next