Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Cannabis use

Cannabis use

Postby Estepona Phil » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:38 am

Morning All, can anyone advise me on any solutions to get rid of cannabis smoke smell in our mid floor apartment and whether it’s worth visiting the police regarding our downstairs neighbour whose constant smoking of very strong smelling cannabis is frequently making our kids ages 16,12,8 years old feel ill? We realise that cannabis use is legal here nowadays and we have asked the guy to smoke away from where we sit out on our balcony but he still continues.. Even if we give in and go indoors it can also smell really bad inside the apartment and using the aircon can make it worse. We aren’t prudes or looking to make enemies what he does is up to him but when it’s affecting our kids health surely something can be done. The guy has virtually admitted he is an addict & won’t cut back so we approached the community president and last year asked for help at the community general meeting but no one seemed interested. We’ve also spoke to the guys landlord a he’s a tenant on our urbanisation not an owner but he’s not offered any help. The general attitude seems to be it’s not illegal so it’s not going to harm you but clearly it is.
We’ve tried using joss sticks, candles and a huge fan but nothing has worked so far to kill the smell, any ideas greatly appreciated.
Estepona Phil

Which part of Spain are you from?: Estepona

Re: Cannabis use

Postby Sara19 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:54 am

Hi,
Sorry you're having to endure someone's obvious ignorance....... Can you denounce him? I would suggest going to your local police station & enquire I'm sure they would advise your best route & totally agree with you that if its affecting your kids health then it has to stop = Good Luck.
Sara19

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Estepona Phil » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:08 am

Thank you, do you think a denuncia would work ?some locals I have spoken to think they aren’t taken seriously and I was told by our lawyer here that you had to have a fluent Spanish speaker with you to do this ( I’m not) but could probably take a friend along. Incidentally the lawyer wanted 600 euros to send his secretary along!!
Estepona Phil

Postby Sara19 » Thu Aug 23, 2018 12:45 pm

Denuncia isn't something I've done, but I would imagine would have to speak spanish, yes - also to the police station, if you have a friend who speaks spanish good idea to take them with you. Perhaps ask on the Citizens Advice Bureau Facebook page too?
Shocking price from your lawyer!!!! At that price was she going to be with you for half a month as that's probably half her wages :roll:
Sara19

Postby grichn » Thu Aug 23, 2018 1:59 pm

You can make a denuncia in writing: Start with your name, address and NIE. Use google to translate it and then deliver it to the Guardia Civil office. They will act if you stress the risk to health of your children etc..
Richard
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby Estepona Phil » Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:14 pm

Thank you Richard I will do that. Ironically this guys girlfriend is heavily pregnant, it always seemed alien to us that the health of our children seemed to be largely overlooked by everyone we have protested to abut this, kids welfare should always come first regardless of local laws.
Estepona Phil

Postby Jordy » Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:08 pm

Estepona Phil wrote:Thank you, do you think a denuncia would work ?some locals I have spoken to think they aren’t taken seriously and I was told by our lawyer here that you had to have a fluent Spanish speaker with you to do this ( I’m not) but could probably take a friend along. Incidentally the lawyer wanted 600 euros to send his secretary along!!

I would now be looking for a new lawyer. Shocking price for a translation service.
Jordy

Postby Estepona Phil » Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:46 pm

I agree it’s the final straw, he sorted an initial problem out well & at reasonable cost but has slowly turned into a money grasping b*****d lately,
Estepona Phil