Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Winter in Quesada

Post here if you have a house. villa or apartment available for rent in Quesada, such as long-term, short-term or holiday rental.

Winter in Quesada

Postby Macca412003 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:50 am

Moving to Spain in September and Quesada is one of the places earmarked to settle. What is life like in the winter? As an active (mostly) early retired couple, what we want is activities and social stimulation.
My worst nightmare is moving abroad and to feel isolated during the wintertime with places closed and living in a ghost town.
Appreciate any comments and advice.
Thanks
Jon
Macca412003

Which part of Spain are you from?: Costa Blanca

Re: Winter in Quesada

Postby marcliff » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:43 am

Ciudad Quesada is an all year round town. Yes, there are a couple of places that close in January for their holidays but they are few and far between. Most of the social events (line dancing, bowls if any of those are your thing) go on all year round. The town itself is busy throughout the winter months.

What does change is the evenings as it gets a bit chilly to eat or drink outside so it looks rather depleted but inside the bars and restaurants will still be doing a good trade.
Same as outside houses where people who sit outside in their gardens during the summer don't do so in the winter but they are still there.

Unlike Guardamar, La Mata, some parts of Orihuela Costa and places built purely for tourism, there is an all year round feel to the place (with parking just as difficult to find in February as later on).
Our particular place does go a lot quieter in the winter (thank goodness as it is very hectic in the summer) but there are still plenty of people around and the social life continues for us permanent residents.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Macca412003 » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:51 am

Thank you for your prompt reply. Just the sort of information I was looking for.
Macca412003

Which part of Spain are you from?: Costa Blanca

Postby HIDEAWAY » Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:54 am

Everywhere goes a little quiet in the winter but there are still plenty of places to go if you actively get involved.
HIDEAWAY

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar del Segura

Postby Spiritsmum » Fri Aug 24, 2018 11:44 am

you will love Quesada in the Winter plenty to do and see best time of year
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Rodt » Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:31 pm

We love quesada & Rojales all year round, great places, always plenty going on. :D
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby Justjan » Sat Aug 25, 2018 8:02 am

I agree. Quesada is certainly vibrant all year round. A wonderful place to live life to the full. Lots of different natonalities living the dream together. Im sure you will love it here.
Justjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby russ2u » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:40 pm

:text-goodpost:
russ2u

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada