Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Advice on setting up Banking for our holiday villa

Re: Advice on setting up Banking for our holiday villa

Postby JoeK » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:18 am

Jonathandunwell wrote:hello everyone,
We have agreed to buy a Villa and have paid our deposit.
I am just wanting some general advice,
I think its best to use a transfer line to move our money into euros.
Is this correct and can anyone recommend someone please.
If it isnt can you please asvise.

Also our solicitor has offered to set us up a Spannish bank account.
We want one that we can use cash cards in and around benimar and Quesada area with noncharges from using it either in shops or getting money out of a machine.
Can anyone recommend one please.

Many thanks in anticipation.
Kind regards
Jon

Hi Jon, banks will treat you differently depending on whether you are a resident or not and charges vary accordingly.
We bank with Bankia in Quesada but take care when transferring amounts greater than 50,000 Euros as all banks will impose a large handling fee, so it may be in your interest to transfer Euros in batches of less than this. Bankers Draft charges are also imposed and these are negotiable. Shop around for House & Contents Insurance costs as these can vary enormously by as much as 40%.

Transfer Wise seems a good source of converting from Sterling to Euros.

Hope this helps
Good luck
Regards
Joe
JoeK

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Re: Advice on setting up Banking for our holiday villa

Postby Nikon » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:32 pm

Just on the handling charges when we did the transfer we used Hi Fix and they did all the transfer and they did do it so we didn’t occur bank charges so we was okay also take note some banks will charge you when you make the payments to the buyer our bank was exceptional and very helpful we did purchase there home insurance which was discounted and we did no bank charges yes some will say you paid more but it’s what your happy with and our solicitor was exceptional has well they were emailing on a everything on a daily , weekly basis. It was basically a breeeze and our estate agent Casa Manuel we’re also very professional and a special thanks to Dave Finn and Micheal in the office.
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous