Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

recycling

recycling

Postby kathyl » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Why when we go to the trouble of saving our recycling stuff and take it to the recycling bins are they packed and stuff over flowing on the footpath.Not the 1st time. I ended up putting paper stuff in a big cardboard box on footpath and the platic stuff in the general basura. i find it really annoying when they keep banging on about recycling, especially plastic
kathyl

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Re: recycling

Postby Heid the ba » Thu Aug 30, 2018 2:12 pm

The council installed plastic, paper and glass recycle containers in our urb five months ago. To date they have never been emptied despite several emqils and photos being sent to the environment counselor in Rojales. Ignored, waste of time and still with third world thinking. I suspect when it gets to the "big tip" the whole lot just gets thrown together regardless.
Heid the ba

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:54 pm

The recycle bins local to us are always full to overflowing. On the Rojales market area there are many recycling bins and they are obviously emptied regularly, so we take our recycling stuff there.
brandyboy

Postby JohnES » Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:09 pm

It is not the council who are directly responsible for emptying the bins as there is a private contractor called Sirem that has the responsibility. The emptying does seem to be deteriorating and some bins in our area have been removed.
The service is stretched at this time of year because of all the visitors.
I would suggest that if you want to make a complaint you send it to Jose Ramon who is based in Quesada and also the Councillor Derek Monks.
If your recycling bins have never been emptied I would definitely send an e-mail to Jose Ramon.
It may be that this location has never been added to Sirem's list.
JohnES