Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Changing electric supplier

Changing electric supplier

Postby Sillysocks » Sat Sep 01, 2018 3:01 pm

I have a contract with iberdrola which was fixed for 12 month and as just ended so I want to get some new quote can anyone help with web site and any help on changing suppliers
Sillysocks

Which part of Spain are you from?: WORCESTER

Re: Changing electric supplier

Postby Andrea Murphy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:23 am

Hi, It may be that you would be best staying with Iberdrola and changing to the Plan de Noche, I have reduced my bill from 230 to 77 Euros per month just by changing to Plan de Noche. Would recommend this.
Andrea Murphy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Angela17 » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:25 am

Yes likewise. We changed to this plan, was paying approx. €88 now just over €50 a month.
Angela17

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Glassfull » Sun Sep 02, 2018 11:51 am

Andrea Murphy wrote:Hi, It may be that you would be best staying with Iberdrola and changing to the Plan de Noche, I have reduced my bill from 230 to 77 Euros per month just by changing to Plan de Noche. Would recommend this.

Would you explain what Plan de Noche is please?
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby brandyboy » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:28 pm

It´s dual tariff, cheaper between 10pm - 12pm in winter and 11pm and 1pm in summer. Use your power wisely and you can make a decent saving.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Sun Sep 02, 2018 1:29 pm

You can use Iberswitch to change plans. They charge about 50 euro a year but you would still pay the standing charges as Iberdrola would continue to supply the power regardless of which company charges you for the electricity used.

Plan de Noche. You can change you contract to have a cheaper rate between 2200 and and 1200 from October to March and from 23:00 to 13:00 from March to October (when the clocks go back or forward).
The downside is that electricity outside those hours is more expensive.
However, if you run the dishwasher and washing machine etc during the cheap hours plus aircon at night and in the mornings for cooling and heating it will give good savings.

Now we are on monthly bills, we have seen a reduction of an average of 106 euro a month down to 76 euro a month so saving about 30 euro on this plan (I think Andrew Murphy must be referring to a 2 monthly bill of 230 euro down to 77 euro a month. A reduction that large for monthly bills would be a bit of wishful thinking.

You can sign up on line at the Iberdrola site by setting up an account (you need your NIE number, address and so on plus they ask you how much a recent bill was to prove who you are). You then get an email with a password (which you can change) and then see, in English, all your bills and choose the make savings option to go on to the night plan.
You will then see how much electricity you've used in this billing period plus an estimated amount for your next bill.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2