Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Parcel Delivery

Parcel Delivery

Postby Bigbobuk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:07 pm

Hi I'm looking for advice on having a parcel delivered from the UK
I live on a complex with centralized post boxes does the parcel get delivered to the apartment ? any advice on companies to use and the process of getting the delivery would be very much appreciated my apartment is tricky to locate if I'm not at home is there a local collection point or do they try to redeiiver it thanks
Last edited by Bigbobuk on Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bigbobuk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa flamenca

Re: Parcel Delivery

Postby Benjy » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:14 pm

UPS delivered door to door from U.K. with fantastic tracking system.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Postby camionpilot » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:31 pm

DPD [ SEUR ] UPS , DHL , FEDEX are all good with excellent tracking systems [ unlike Royal Mail which only does UK but claims to be a fully tracked international service ] .

Avoid anyone using Hermes as absolutely abysmal as is Ebays Pitney Bowes service [ items are consolidated in Normanton for up to 10 days, where goods are unpacked and repacked to make them as light as possible , sod the damage aspect , and then sent on ] which can take up to 3 weeks to get to Spain ..!!

Parcel hero uses all the major couriers and are usually the cheapest around .
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Bigbobuk » Sat Sep 08, 2018 1:44 pm

My apartment is tricky to locate if I'm not at home is there a local collection point or do they try to redeiiver it
Bigbobuk

Which part of Spain are you from?: Playa flamenca

Postby Joyce » Sun Sep 09, 2018 6:46 am

I shop,online quite frequently and find Seur DPD quite good and Seur email you to let you know when the parcel is arriving, but if it's anything that cannot be left over the gate I use the Post Room at Dona Pepa. I give their address when ordering and then just pop in and tell them. They then ring when the parcel arrives. There is a small charge but that's worth it. I have just noticed you live in Playa Flamenca but there must be a post room nearer to you.
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Cymro43 » Sun Sep 09, 2018 7:05 am

I use Easypost and get most of my mail, inc parcels delivered to them. They have a few offices around but I use the onion Los Montesinos. Another advantage is that they have a post room in Kent so that if a firm only delivers to the UK, I can get it delivered to that address and it is brought over to Spain.
Cymro43

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos