Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Estate agents

Re: Estate agents

Postby garyizme » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:03 am

When we bought the first time nearly 9 years ago we knew nothing and bought the house through easybuy who recommended their own solicitor. We paid 1300 euros cash upfront to her plus 300 for a will. All other fees were paid to the notary plus a 600 euro charge to the bank to withdraw the money by cheque. All we had from the solicitor was a phone number. The purchase went fine but afterwards we had to pay an old electricity bill from before the purchase or risk getting cut off. A few years later we tried to get a receipt but the number was dead. After this we dealt with Abaco for non residents tax and used them for legal services when we sold it. When we sold it we told the sellers we needed 135K returned and they marked it up at 145K settling on 141K giving them 6K so I would say in our instance the buyer paid the commission.
Last edited by garyizme on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
garyizme

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya Park

Re: Estate agents

Postby Jan » Wed Sep 19, 2018 9:22 am

:text-goodpost:
We almost did the same 14 years ago - Bought with Atlas and they gave us their solicitor details and told us to contact them. Luckily I was Internet savvy, even in those days, and went online to see what others were doing and found that Abaco came up often with good reports - contacted them and after getting all their prices and information, instructed them for our conveyance.
When we arrived in Spain to do the paperwork Atlas were helpful ferrying us about genetally but they were on auto-pilot to go to their solicitor and were quite shocked to hear that we had our own. Just showed how many buyers used the Agents Solicitor in those days.
Luckily with forums like this and good advice from others, more buyers nowadays are using their own legal team who work in their interest only.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Previous