Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Estate agents

Estate agents

Postby TimT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 8:58 am

Good morning all,

This might rank as silly question of the week, but as I’ve already been told on here to be very careful of any dealings I’m going to ask it anyway, I’ve been in contact with Spanish life properties in regards to arranging a couple of viewings of property they have on the Rightmove website, now this maybe me just being an old cynic, but during our conversation I was told that if I saw anything else that was listed with another estate agent to let them know as they could arrange the viewing(through them it seemed) this I was told is common practice in Spain as they do things differently, is that so? It just seems a very funny way of doing things!

Thanks Tim
TimT

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Estate agents

Postby polop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:25 am

TimT wrote:Good morning all,

This might rank as silly question of the week, but as I’ve already been told on here to be very careful of any dealings I’m going to ask it anyway, I’ve been in contact with Spanish life properties in regards to arranging a couple of viewings of property they have on the Rightmove website, now this maybe me just being an old cynic, but during our conversation I was told that if I saw anything else that was listed with another estate agent to let them know as they could arrange the viewing(through them it seemed) this I was told is common practice in Spain as they do things differently, is that so? It just seems a very funny way of doing things!

Thanks Tim

Yes this is common amongst agents, can be beneficial to buyer instead of going round lots of agents let the agent do the work tell them type and area you are looking for and see what they find,, then the agents split the commission on the sale, this can work well for agents and buyers.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby TimT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:27 am

Many thanks, just wanted to check

Regards Tim
TimT

Postby Angela17 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:32 am

Yes I agree, we did our viewings with Home Espania, who then colabratated with other agents so quite often we had 2 agents showing us one property. For example the one we bought was listed with petra honig, on viewing it our home espania agent stopped off at petra honig, picked up an agent, then both showed us round. They then shared the commission.
Angela17

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Sep 15, 2018 9:42 am

and boy ho! boy do! they charge a commission,buying and selling.buyer beware.
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby kevinchetwynd » Sat Sep 15, 2018 10:50 am

Our property was advertised on Petra Honig but we purchased through Sapphire Property in Quesada absolutely brilliant service very helpful
kevinchetwynd

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Janjan » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:19 pm

You have to accept that Property Purchase and Sales are handled differently in Spain and costs more. It's all a learning curve.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby TimT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:33 pm

Janjan wrote:You have to accept that Property Purchase and Sales are handled differently in Spain and costs more. It's all a learning curve.

Thanks, I have no problem accepting that, and that's why I asked the question, I'm learning how differently things are done
TimT

Postby TimT » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:42 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:and boy ho! boy do! they charge a commission,buying and selling.buyer beware.

I’ve asked for a rough idea of costs, I was quoted about 13%, made up of 10% government tax, and approximately 3% for conveyance fees, nothing about a buyers commission, and that’s something I certainly wouldn’t pay.!!
TimT

Postby polop » Sat Sep 15, 2018 1:59 pm

When you buy in Spain you have on top of property price IVA and fees, notary etc nothing to do with agents, commission is paid by seller not buyer, I think some people get confused,
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Next