Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Drive in the mountains

Drive in the mountains

Postby glen.monks » Wed Sep 19, 2018 12:11 pm

Can anyone recommend a route/road to drive that as nice views?
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad

Re: Drive in the mountains

Postby Jordy » Wed Sep 19, 2018 1:02 pm

Quite a while ago now, me and my OH went for a drive out to a town called Agost. We parked up, had a walk around the town (very Spanish) then set off home just following our noses. We ended up on the CV-827 heading north towards Castalla
but joined the A-7 back towards Alicante before reaching there. The drive took us out of town and up into the mountains on a lovely, well maintained winding road which was not overly steep or difficult, and found ourselves looking up at the peaks and down into ravines and valleys. My OH saw more of it than me as my eyes were glued to the road ahead but I think I remember passing some stopping places where we could have pulled in but chose not to. We may go again one day as it's not far from Quesada. We were there in the middle of a scorching summers day so there wasn't hardly a soul out and about on the streets, only us mad English folk. :roll:
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby jpeg » Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:17 pm

Nice drive out to Caravaca and Helin
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby newchocs » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:17 am

Head north on ap7, off at Benidorm and head into the mountains towards Guadalest. Lovely day out, amazing views and cracking road, which are used for rallies once a year. Or for something closer, head to crevillente from the Elche side, past the huge diy store Brico Depot and turn towards Aspe. Lovely road, much liked by motorcyclists. When you reach Aspe, turn towards Hondon, through the vineyards, maybe stop for a quick tour which they all offer, then turn towards Albatera over the hill with a dramatic descent at the other side, down into Albatera itself. Then it’s a short drive back home from there. Nice half day trip
newchocs

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Martin the artist » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:04 am

1. Ricote valley, North of Murcia, through Archena, Villanueva, Ulea, Ojos, Ricote, Blanca, Abaran, Cieza.
2. Hondon valley Go through Albatera take road over mountain to Hondon los Frailes, then:-
a) turn right through Hondon llas Nieves towards Aspe and take turn back towards Crevillente. or
b) turn left and head for Algueña, Pinoso or Abanilla & Fortuna & just generally get lost on the Sierra de la Pila.
Lots of lovely mountain drives once you turn off the main roads :)
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby brandyboy » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:02 pm

Sierra de Espuma is a nice full day out.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby glen.monks » Fri Sep 21, 2018 11:47 am

I would like to thank you all fallor your post. will work through these all!
glen.monks

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesad