Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New kitchen

Re: New kitchen

Postby Sylvc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 6:47 pm

Hope all goes well Marcliff. You seem to have researched well so hopefully it will go smoothly. And looking forward ro hearing how it goes
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Paulr » Sun Sep 23, 2018 7:33 pm

Neighbours of ours had a kitchen built and installed by Farely in Benijofar - Eu 14,000. More my oracle's neck of the woods, but even I'd say it's stunning.

Other neighbours had a refurb done by Lords Wood in Los Montesinos, including new composite work surfaces, hob, cooker, extractor and sink, for Eu 4,300.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Spiritsmum » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:30 pm

What ever you do, stay clear of *******(in ******.an earlier post by me will tell part of the nightmare we have had....this is now with our lawyers...a friend has said Cocinas Farely we only wish we had gone there good luck but please be careful, loads of cowboys out there as we know to our cost

** Sorry info removed - Please PM to pass on any details like this if neccesary as placing names on an open worldwide forum may affect any claims ongoing and could lead to counter claims of slander.
Spiritsmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Doña Pepa

Postby Sylvc » Sun Sep 23, 2018 8:36 pm

Spiritsmum wrote:What ever you do, stay clear of *******((...an earlier post by me will tell part of the nightmare we have had....this is now with our lawyers...a friend has said Cocinas Farely we only wish we had gone there good luck but please be careful, loads of cowboys out there as we know to our cost

I'm sorry you've had such a problem. Hope it can get sorted out. And thank you for your advice
Sylvc

Postby manxmunk » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:17 am

Hi marcliff, who is actually doing your kitchen, I am back out in Spain for Christmas/New Year, and would like to try and source a fitter/supplier that can do the job without ripping me off.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby garysl » Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:33 am

Another vote for Cocinas Farrely in Benijofar. I've posted about their service before, and how they came out and fixed a broken door, for nothing, 2 years after the kitchen was installed. Not the cheapest, but very good.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby marcliff » Mon Sep 24, 2018 11:35 am

manxmunk wrote:Hi marcliff, who is actually doing your kitchen, I am back out in Spain for Christmas/New Year, and would like to try and source a fitter/supplier that can do the job without ripping me off.

Hmm. As they actually haven't turned up (and we got up in the dark this morning to be ready) and the only person at the office who seems to speak English is not in this morning, I'll wait to name them until I see if they do actually come and do it.
(Annoyingly, we've cleared the kitchen entirely (do you know how much stuff you actually accrue in the kitchen over the years?) and have now had to dig the kettle out to make a cup of tea we aren't too happy).
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Sylvc » Mon Sep 24, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Marcliffe
Not a good start to be sure. It really does seem to be a minefield. That's why I find this forum so helpful. We are new to all this and have already found the recommendations given to me to be very helpful.
I do hope your works are soon in progress
Sylvc

Postby nannyabroad » Mon Sep 24, 2018 5:12 pm

We agreed the price payment in stages. Great all before kitchen finished never any problems apparently. We refused kept 1500 euros back. We had a long snagging lust including a plinth wrong colour. All was dealt with within a week. Great feeling to know you get it done TO your satisfaction when you are in control. Kitchen is excellent. Service was good. Even better when you owe them.
nannyabroad

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales Hills

Postby maria elena » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:45 am

Marcliff - I mentioned Kosta Kitchens earlier in this thread. On the day the work was to start, our Kosta man (Steve) turned up to make sure that the workmen had arrived and that they had all the units etc. After that he dropped in regularly to make sure things were progressing. We had a short snagging list at the end and all was resolved quickly and without any fuss. They weren’t the cheapest but for peace of mind they were the best.
maria elena

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

PreviousNext