Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New kitchen

Re: New kitchen

Postby Sylvc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:18 am

maria elena wrote:Marcliff - I mentioned Kosta Kitchens earlier in this thread. On the day the work was to start, our Kosta man (Steve) turned up to make sure that the workmen had arrived and that they had all the units etc. After that he dropped in regularly to make sure things were progressing. We had a short snagging list at the end and all was resolved quickly and without any fuss. They weren’t the cheapest but for peace of mind they were the best.

Sounds like a great service. Let's hope Matcliffs situation has improved today
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby marcliff » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:16 pm

They did turn up yesterday but about 6'30 pm. Took the old kitchen out, cleaned the floors and tiles behind everything and then delivered the new units piled up in my living room.
Back early this morning and have completely installed the units without the doors, put the work unit back and are now off for lunch. Coming back at four to finish off putting hob back in, sink back in and so on. Then have to leave it until tomorrow for the glue on the hob, sink and worktops to dry properly.
So far very impressed with the quality of work (one of them is very thorough and picky) and the materials they are using.
Hopefully all finished tomorrow with the plumber and electrician plus door fronts and so on.
Also young lad cleaning up after them as they go along.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Sylvc » Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:20 pm

marcliff wrote:They did turn up yesterday but about 6'30 pm. Took the old kitchen out, cleaned the floors and tiles behind everything and then delivered the new units piled up in my living room.
Back early this morning and have completely installed the units without the doors, put the work unit back and are now off for lunch. Coming back at four to finish off putting hob back in, sink back in and so on. Then have to leave it until tomorrow for the glue on the hob, sink and worktops to dry properly.
So far very impressed with the quality of work (one of them is very thorough and picky) and the materials they are using.
Hopefully all finished tomorrow with the plumber and electrician plus door fronts and so on.
Also young lad cleaning up after them as they go along.

That's great news. Really glad it's all working out so well after initial set back. Looking forward to hearing who you used
Sylvc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Rodt » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:20 pm

Keep smiling Marcliff :text-lol: :D
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby marcliff » Tue Sep 25, 2018 7:52 pm

Rodt wrote:Keep smiling Marcliff :text-lol: :D

I am. They are doing really well. The guy in charge is a perfectionist and he made sure everything fitted exactly. Even took a couple of units down and redid them because he could see a tiny gap at one end.
Very impressed with the materials being used and very strong and sturdy.
Can't really see the best of it yet until the doors get put on tomorrow and the built in oven and microwave get put it.
So far, so good.
Apparently the little hiccough at the beginning was due to being lost in translation but all's fine.
Boss keeps phoning to see how it's all going and came this evening for a quick check.
marcliff

Postby quizziecat » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:55 pm

When out April and May had a few quotes, Ikea were supposed to come out and measure up but never turned up. Kosta Kitchens one of them, and Steve very patient when I kept changing my mind, however was a quite a bit more than I wanted to pay, so fingers crossed the firm I chose will do the work when I am out in Oct, deposit paid. Good Luck Marcliff hope it all gets done and works well for you
quizziecat

Which part of Spain are you from?: torrevieja

Postby manxmunk » Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:04 am

But the question is, WHO'S DOING IT, please.
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby Jan » Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:14 am

manxmunk wrote:But the question is, WHO'S DOING IT, please.

Marcliff has indicated previously that he will wait until it's all finished before he names and recommends the company which is fair enough.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby JohnES » Wed Sep 26, 2018 11:27 am

I would also recommend Cocinas Farely in Benijofar. I believe that they have the best showroom in this area with different styles and materials. Some of the features you can get are hidden in cupboards and drawers, so you may have to ask. Their fitters were very good but the plumber was not. He left the plastic glue spilt on the floor and the bottom of the sink unit, the tap came loose on the sink and we had a gas leak from the hob. Hopefully they use a different plumber now.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed Sep 26, 2018 7:26 pm

I can now add my recommendation for Cocinas Farely of Benijofar.
They've finished. From 6;30 pm Monday to 8 pm today and it's Excellent (with a capital E).
The attention to detail is amazing. Even the base plates at the bottom have had "invisible" rubber seals fitted to protect the floor and provide a solid seal.
The "white" goods (in this case silver) we bought were a tad expensive. For example a built in microwave was 168 euro when you can buy this type for about 90 euro, the dishwasher was nearly 500 euro when you can buy them for 350.
However, they were all fitted superbly and they put new tap connectors, valves, overflow pipes in etc. We used our current fridge/freezer and over (both fairly new) and they fitted them in as well.

We have a smallish kitchen in a 3 bed Lola so they ain't exactly the aircraft hangars people seem to like nowadays. The unit containing the built in oven and microwave seemed a bit overpowering but there is plenty of room in there.
The workmen were great. One main worker who was the fitter/electrician/plumber all in one with another 3 who kept popping in to fit doors on and clean up etc.

All in all €7150. The stone worktops took up a lot of that with one 90 cm long top costing €1,250 by itself.

But I would definitely say that they have done a superb job with superb materials.
marcliff

PreviousNext