Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Linkedin Emails HELP

Linkedin Emails HELP

Postby Lavender » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:32 pm

I have never opened an account with Linkedin and recently been receiving dozens of emails from them. I have googled how to stop this, but all the answers are the same...to access the account and click on the appropriate instructions. I haven't got an account with them!!! Does anyone know how I can stop these emails from going into my junk box?

Many thanks.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Linkedin Emails HELP

Postby Chrisdee » Thu Sep 27, 2018 6:40 pm

Can you not just click on block sender, on my tab bar it has 3 little dots, if I click on that block sender is in the list and I just click on that.
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Lavender » Thu Sep 27, 2018 7:00 pm

Chrisdee wrote:Can you not just click on block sender, on my tab bar it has 3 little dots, if I click on that block sender is in the list and I just click on that.

I block every single one of them, but obviously the LinkedIn emails are sent by hundreds of staff who work for LinkedIn and every one has a different domain address.
Lavender

Postby PeteKnight » Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:36 pm

In my experience, LinkedIn emails only originate from a couple of email addresses - generally starting with messages-noreply an notifications-noreply.

If the emails you’re receiving are from individuals at LinkedIn then you can block all emails from that domain which should stop them.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Lavender » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:37 am

PeteKnight wrote:In my experience, LinkedIn emails only originate from a couple of email addresses - generally starting with messages-noreply an notifications-noreply.

If the emails you’re receiving are from individuals at LinkedIn then you can block all emails from that domain which should stop them.

Pete.

They are all from different domains to say how many searches I've had in the past few days from various companies. e.g. 95214284.1e57bdec225e964dd69aef23513 103.0x7c.00000200.0233 these are just two domains. Every single one is different. Yesterday I had 8 different ones, today I have had 5 up to now. I'm absolutely sick of them. There should be away to stop all emails from Linkedin when you haven't even set up an account with them.
Lavender

Postby TonTri » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:51 am

I've had exactly the same emails for the last few days and like you I've never had a Linked In account. The emails look to be from scam email addresses and domains. Fortunately they go straight to my Junk Email box so I just delete all but I admit it is annoying. Hopefully they will give up soon.
TonTri

Postby Martin the artist » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:00 am

From the LinkedIn website:-
Stopping Invitation Emails to Join LinkedIn

You may receive invitations to join LinkedIn . Here's what to do if you wish not to receive these invitations.

If you're not a LinkedIn member and want to stop getting invitation emails to join LinkedIn, unsubscribe here or click the Unsubscribe link in the footer of that email.

If the email does not have an 'unsubscribe' note on the bottom, it's not from Linkedin
Martin the artist

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby foxystoat » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:17 am

As TonTri advises above, if it's the same as I've been having over the past couple of weeks....look at the full "From" email address. It seems to be from addresses not actually associated with LinkedIn (it won't say [email protected] but it may say variants of [email protected]). In which case it's a more sophisticated spam/spoofing attempt to try and access your account details, in similar ways that other email scams work.
foxystoat

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Herrada

Postby foxystoat » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:50 am

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 09.43.26.png

Here's an example one with the email address it was sent from showing.
foxystoat

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Herrada

Postby TonTri » Fri Sep 28, 2018 9:40 am

I've just had one from [email protected], subject title "You appeared in 7 search this week". Note "search" not "searches", definitely a scam!
TonTri