Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Post not arriving?

Post not arriving?

Postby richardlionheart » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:51 am

We just moved intoa place in the Torettas in Torrevieja, We havent had any post yet, but weve been expecting some.

How does post work in SPain? How can I check my letters havent gone astray ?
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Re: Post not arriving?

Postby Janjan » Fri Sep 28, 2018 12:24 pm

Do you have Communal Post Boxes? If not the Postman may deliver to your Proprrty or you may have to have a Box at the post Office in Torrevieja. If you don't speak Spanish Google what you want to say and ask if there Is any Post for you. Every area is different so it's a case of what happens in your road. Perhaps ask a neighbour as well.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby william » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:05 pm

Hola i also live in the Torretas and we have a new post man about 3/4 months that is rubbish we get mail for everyone and he leaves it beside the post boxes.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Sep 28, 2018 8:19 pm

I think they've had a right shuffle around with postmen. We've also got a new one, the previous one was brilliant used to wave and knew my name, got mail on time. Now we get wrong mail in our box, nothing for a fortnight then a dozen bills/letters all at once. Think I might pop in and complain ? Probably get the shrug of the shoulders!
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby martin7jones » Fri Sep 28, 2018 11:22 pm

Hi. We live on Torreta 2. ALL ordinary post will deposited in the communal post boxes. You will need to find out what your post box number is. This is NOT the same as your house number. Go down to the correos on Calle San Pascuel and ask them, this is not the post office but a delivery office. They will not speak English so you may need an interpreter. Good luck. This message will self destruct in five sec2)#%%'!?'
martin7jones

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Janjan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 8:12 am

Several different answers to your question. Try and ask a neighbour else you may go round in circles. Good luck.
Janjan

Postby richardlionheart » Sat Sep 29, 2018 1:16 pm

theres a metal outside post box screwed to the gate post, when we got here it had in it a electricity bill for the previous owner dated 16th sept 2018 - does that mean the letters DO get delivered here to the house?
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Janjan » Sat Sep 29, 2018 3:30 pm

That's no Guarantee as some Bills are delivered by hand. Our water bill was in Monte Azul. Lots have their own Postboxes but they only get used for flyers, local people giving cards etc.
Janjan