Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Buying a new villa

Buying a new villa

Postby Benjy » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:20 am

conversation between man and wife.
Hey Daphne, shall we buy a villa in Spain?
Yeah great idea. We can spend about €200k on a villa in a place we’re not too keen on, then when we move in we decide that the kitchen is not the right shade of ‘puce’ so we can get the fitters in and rip it all out and fit another. They can annoy all our new neighbors with their banging and grinding and drilling even though they are trying to relax in the sun. When the kitchen is finished we obviously decide that we hate the bathroom so we can get some more builders in to knock seven bells out of that with more drilling and banging thus ensuring that the neighbors are really fed up, by this time the garden is a tip with all the crap from the kitchen and bathroom so we’ll have to get someone else in to clear it all but the neighbors are probably getting used to the noise by now even though we’ve probably ruined their summer. When the garden is clear,it still looks a mess so we’ll get another workman in to lay new tiles all around the villa and none of the tiles will fit so he’ll have to grind every single one to make them fit. By this time, the neighbors have had enough and are all moving out. This ain’t a problem cos when they move we’ll have more room to park the caravan. Now it’s all done, our €200k has morphed into €300k putting absolutely no value on the house but at least it a quiet area cos we’ve driven all the neighbors away. Now we’re a bit lonely so let’s move to a new house and start all over again.
Last edited by Benjy on Sun Sep 30, 2018 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Benjy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Murcia

Re: Buying a new villa

Postby TerryG » Sun Sep 30, 2018 10:39 am

Nope.
TerryG

Postby stu and maz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:25 am

Nope..
stu and maz

Which part of Spain are you from?: ciudad quesada

Postby daz » Sun Sep 30, 2018 8:09 pm

Amazin, so many points are true, .....so why so we buy them!!! lol. Nothin is jay as we want it
daz

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby The Accountant » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:31 am

So true. Then complain about the neighbour's 40 year old pine tree and ask them to chop it down because it is dropping needles all over their immaculate, now fully tiled, garden. Then when you point out that the tree was there when they bought their property, have to listen to them tell you that it wasn't so big then, without laughing!
:text-lol:
The Accountant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Paul58 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:54 am

Benjy wrote:........ Now it’s all done, our €200k has morphed into €300k putting absolutely no value on the house

But we'll still ask €300k for it!
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby GillianOSD » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:31 pm

So you have never ever carried out any work anywhere you have lived?

Model neighbour apart from your constant moaning I am sure.
GillianOSD

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Mon Oct 01, 2018 1:18 pm

GillianOSD wrote:So you have never ever carried out any work anywhere you have lived?

Model neighbour apart from your constant moaning I am sure.

I think Benjy's post is a bit "tongue in cheek" and not to be taken too seriously.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales