Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Removing a small wall

If you have had good service and would like to recommend a reputable Company or a Tradesman or woman, please do so here.

Removing a small wall

Postby casaoasis » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:02 am

Hello,
my husband has actual backproblems and can´t remove a small wall and change a door. Is somebody interested to earn a bit of money? We are in La Fiesta.
casaoasis

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Re: Removing a small wall

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:33 am

casaoasis wrote:Hello,
my husband has actual backproblems and can´t remove a small wall and change a door. Is somebody interested to earn a bit of money? We are in La Fiesta.

Im sure you must know but it is best to get a recommended tradesman from a known member rather than just someone who wants to earn a bit of money - There's no doubt lots who may offer but will they do a good enough job for you?
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby casaoasis » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:51 am

Thanks for your warning, Jan...
casaoasis

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Fiesta

Postby Allanm » Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:40 pm

Hi , I am Allan and I live in Petrer , 22 minutes away from you . I moved here 2 and half years ago , and have almost totally reformed an old townhouse ,which is open for you to view and see my standard of work if you are interested in me giving you a price for doing the work you need ..I ( according to the notes below ) can’t give you my email or phone number as it will be removed for security reasons ...mm ? So , If you would like a price or see my work , you will have to go contact me on here
Thanks Allan
Allanm

Which part of Spain are you from?: Petrer

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:52 pm

Allanm wrote:Hi , I am Allan .................I ( according to the notes below ) can’t give you my email or phone number as it will be removed for security reasons ...mm ?

Thanks Allan

Just in case you are wondering why personal details are not a good idea to post on a public forum, here's some reasons:

announcements-f2/reminder-no-contact-details-on-forum-for-your-security-t765.html
Jan
Site Admin

Postby TonTri » Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 pm

Jan wrote:
Allanm wrote:Hi , I am Allan .................I ( according to the notes below ) can’t give you my email or phone number as it will be removed for security reasons ...mm ?

Thanks Allan

Just in case you are wondering why personal details are not a good idea to post on a public forum, here's some reasons:

announcements-f2/reminder-no-contact-details-on-forum-for-your-security-t765.html

For those who don't believe it, I have googled several posts on here at different times trying to learn more about the subject, like the one today about Corvera airport, and it comes up with a link to the actual post on this forum. Proof that it can be seen by anyone in the world, and worse still by people even nearer.
TonTri

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Elliemayc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:53 am

On the security side of things I advertised items for sale on another website and got an email from someone who was happy to pay the full price without seeing anything, would collect them after the payment and would get his secretary to send me a cheque!

Chq duly arrived (with a German postmark on the envelope) for far too much and surprise, surprise his sectretary had made a mistake could he collect the items and have the balance back in cash - do these people think we are idiots?

Told him not to bother and that his chq would be at the local police office in Playa Flamenca - funnily enough I never heard anything else from him. I did however see him replying to other items for sale even though I had reported him to the site so people like that do have no shame and will carry on trying until it works.

Hence all the warnings about personal info on sites and using common sense and caution.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Jan » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:09 am

Elliemayc wrote:On the security side of things I advertised items for sale on another website and got an email from someone who was happy to pay the full price without seeing anything, would collect them after the payment and would get his secretary to send me a cheque!

Chq duly arrived (with a German postmark on the envelope) for far too much and surprise, surprise his sectretary had made a mistake could he collect the items and have the balance back in cash - do these people think we are idiots?

Told him not to bother and that his chq would be at the local police office in Playa Flamenca - funnily enough I never heard anything else from him. I did however see him replying to other items for sale even though I had reported him to the site so people like that do have no shame and will carry on trying until it works.

Hence all the warnings about personal info on sites and using common sense and caution.

:text-goodpost:
And good warning.

If the member is reported the forum should delete their account and ban them. We would on our forums. As long as this kind of thing is reported and posts like this are put on to warn people.then it's hard for these scammers to get away with it. The cheque scam is well known. The other thing we always say is always view an item or a rental or for sale property in person to see if it is genuine and exists..it's amazing what some scammers will try using other people's photos from the Internet and then ask for money upfront to be paid online to hold the item or property!
Jan
Site Admin