Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Home insurance

Home insurance

Postby raybestwick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:21 am

my home insurance in Guardamar is due at the end of October, I feel it would perhaps be benificial to change to a Spanish insurer rather than my present British one, grateful for any recommendations
raybestwick

Which part of Spain are you from?: guardamar

Re: Home insurance

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:43 am

raybestwick wrote:my home insurance in Guardamar is due at the end of October, I feel it would perhaps be benificial to change to a Spanish insurer rather than my present British one, grateful for any recommendations

Our advertiser www.granalacantinsurances.com will give you a good quote and they are a recommended/reputable company. Say you heard about them on here for the best price.

Always best to get a few quotes and ask each one how they renew each year - You may want to make sure you get a renewal quote in advance giving you enough time to compare other quotes each time like we do in UK. Some insurance companies in Spain may renew without warning but hopefully most are getting wise to the fact that we the customers are getting wise too and don't want that!
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby mariellana » Mon Oct 01, 2018 12:50 pm

re house and contents insurance

I recently had a problem with my fridge freezer . when I returned to Spain recently I found the fridge freezer not working .
The food had all gone off and I tried to claim on my insurance . the company concerned explained that I was not covered either for the fridge freezer or the contents of food . they told me that because I was not residential I was not covered .Has anyone come across this problem before .Also can you recommend a company that does cover .I have been with this company for 11 years .
I had to buy a new fridge freezer and replace all of the food left in the fridge freezer . I am now looking for a company that covers me as a non residential client.
mariellana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Callosa de segura

Postby toffeeapple » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:12 pm

Donna Rightmove Insurance her and her team are great always friendly and helpful. It's situated next to the Chop shop butchers in Quesada
toffeeapple

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby raybestwick » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:47 pm

:text-thankyouyellow:
raybestwick

Postby Elliemayc » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:41 am

Check the cancellation period in your policy - it may be that you are too late to cancel it now for end of Oct - weird I know but thats how it works over here.

Also most policies will say your home should not be left empty for more than 31 days.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby raybestwick » Wed Oct 03, 2018 1:09 pm

Thanks for that, will look into it
raybestwick

Postby mariellana » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:53 pm

toffeeapple wrote:Donna Rightmove Insurance her and her team are great always friendly and helpful. It's situated next to the Chop shop butchers in Quesada
thank you for the information back in Quesada next week will certainly look her up .
mariellana

Which part of Spain are you from?: Callosa de segura

Postby Megz_24x » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:02 pm

Liberty Seguros - Excellent service
Megz_24x

Postby raybestwick » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:33 am

:text-thankyouyellow:
raybestwick