Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

pool heating

pool heating

Postby villabreaks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:46 pm

Hi. I am looking at ways to heat my 8x4 pool. Can anyone recommend a supplier/installer of solar panels in the region ?
villabreaks

Re: pool heating

Postby PeteKnight » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:00 pm

I'm not sure that solar heating adds much more than about two weeks to the beginning and end of each season, so not sure that it's really cost effective.
If you want to extend the use of the pool beyond that then you're probably looking at adding gas heating into the equation. You'll also want a very good thermal cover for the pool.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby villabreaks » Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:30 pm

Thanks Pete for your very prompt reply. Even in July and August the pool is noticeably "chilly " to enter so, the solar route still sounds a possibility because it's only intended for use during the " season " which I assume to be, say, May to October. A good thermal cover, as you say, is a necessity.
villabreaks

Postby Elliemayc » Sat Oct 06, 2018 5:48 am

We have installed a solar cover which has kept the temp to the pool consistently at 34C and are very pleased with it. We haven't yet had a winter with it but we do also have a pool heater as back up.

Nicole at the pool shop next to Iceland in Torrevieja dealt with it very efficiently for us. Can't remember the company name I'm sorry.
Elliemayc

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela Costa

Postby Cymro43 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:12 am

I use a system which is similar to an air conditioning unit in that it takes the coldness out of the water. Off the top of my head, I can’t remember the name, but have the details on file. My current pool temperature is 26* at 9.00 in the morning and I use the pool from March to November. I can give you more details if you inbox me.
Cymro43

Which part of Spain are you from?: Los Montesinos

Postby Happy Hounds » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:04 am

Hi,

We received this leaflet the other day, we haven't used them so not sure if they are any good. They do a free survey though so it might be worth arranging that to get a quote for a pool heating system.

Best wishes,
Sophie
Happy Hounds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Happy Hounds » Sat Oct 06, 2018 10:08 am

IMG_20181006_105905520.jpg
Apologies, forgot to include a copy of the leaflet.. now attached
Happy Hounds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada