Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Buying a car

Re: Buying a car

Postby 2Sheds » Sun Oct 14, 2018 1:12 pm

richardlionheart wrote:Apart from on here, theres acouple of Facebook Group for cars for private sale in the area, i just bought a little cheap runaround to get to the shops in. The hidden cost, is the cost of transferring the ownership to you, in the Uk, you just send the V5 off, not in spain! Here you emply a Gestor who has to do the complicated paperwork and inform Trafico, and then relieves you of a couple of hundred euros for the privelige.

personally ive never paid more than £2000 for a car, ever. I buy cheapo ones, run them 2-3 years and scrap them when the repair/mot bill exceeds £500. Look at it like this; drive a new car home , youve just lost £500. Sell it three years later you just lost another £3000 minimum. and you cant g'tee itll be anymore reliable than a second hand one. Cars for me are just a tool to get from A to B. they are otherwise an expensive waste of money.

Is it straightforward to scrap a car? I think my old Focus may fit into the scrap category.
Is a dealer likely to take care of that or do I have to do it myself?
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby GrahamR » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:39 pm

4 years ago we bought a 2 year old Kia Rio from the Kia dealer in Torrevieja. I think it had around 36,000km on it and cost 7,900 Euros. It had the remainder of the 7 year warranty so that will expire next February.
My car stays at the airport as I still live in England and it strikes me that car dealers have a limited choice of low km secondhand cars in Spain and they are more expensive than in the UK, but that possibly has something to do with the current ROE.
As with anything else I am influenced by a salesman who seems interested and wants to work out a deal for me and I shy away from the take it or leave it type of salesman.
Personally, I think Kia’s and Dacia’s are a good choice.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby M&W » Sun Oct 14, 2018 2:48 pm

Excellent information,thanks to everyone again.
M&W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya vieja

Postby Georges » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:42 pm

M&W wrote:Where is the Renault/Dacia place ?.

I bought about two years ago my Dacia Sandero Stepway in the Renault/Dacia garage in Guardamar (industrial zone - just under the castle). A smal but busy (family) garage with a nice boss. He speeks also French because his mother is Belgian and he lived some times in Brussels.

I payd about € 11.600 for the new version (was just new then) with some options included. Also included was the license plate and the first year of tax. They even came to pick me up at the airport of Alicante when I came over from Belgium to pick up my new car.
I am verry satisfied about the car (price/quality) and the garage.

If you go there, say him hello from "Georges from Belgium".
Georges

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya Nueva

Postby Mike and Trish » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:11 pm

Hi

we have a right hand car on Spanish plates - Will the likes of Dacia part ex our car against new one ?

Thanks
Mike and Trish

Which part of Spain are you from?: uk

Postby Mac3blade » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:02 pm

The Renault / Dacia garage we bought in is in Elche, Avenue de Crevillente. Ask for Fancisco...lovely guy, good English, professional.
Francisco was the only person to take our details and Tel.number , he contacted us after our visit which prompted us to revisit him and take the decision to buy the Stepway. I should possibly have said that we chose white as I like a white car and better still, no added price but metallic will cost a little more. Tell Francisco that Alastair sent you!
Mac3blade

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torreblanca

Previous