Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Barcelona airport to cruise port

Barcelona airport to cruise port

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:36 pm

Has any body flown to Barcelona and then caught a taxi to the cruise port? I was wondering how much to expect
Chrisdee

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Re: Barcelona airport to cruise port

Postby shirlie anne » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:50 pm

Hiya chrisdee yeh ive done it 3 times now its roughly 30e as starts off on quite a high tariff to begin with.. only takes around 20 mins tho its just the taxis in Barcelona are expensive. There is a local bus every 15 mins from the airport to las ramblas then a 5 min walk away will get u to the bus stop to catch the port bus that costs 3e each good luck
shirlie anne

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Chrisdee » Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:53 pm

Excellent. Thank you
Chrisdee

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Oct 14, 2018 7:01 am

We have twice used a meet and greet taxi service for this trip they meet you at arrivals take your luggage and drive you to the cruise terminal. Costs about the same as a taxi from the rank and less hassle.
We stayed one night at a Las Ramblas hotel get the same firm to pick us up in the morning to go to the cruise terminal.
Less hassle than buses when you have luggage etc cost about 10 euro for hotel to terminal. On the return trip there are loads of taxis at the cruise terminal so no problem getting back to the airport

One tip though....watch your luggage at Barcelona airport they have a habit of losing it!!
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chrisdee » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:34 am

Thanks Ron. We always say that we should pack 50/50 his and hers luggage in each suitcase so if one is lost at least we have some clothes but after all these years we still haven't done that, must try harder! Wish they'd do our cruise from ALicante. The thing is, the first port of call is Cartagena but we cannot board from there, arghhh.
Chrisdee

Postby Jan » Sun Oct 14, 2018 8:58 am

Chrisdee wrote:Thanks Ron. We always say that we should pack 50/50 his and hers luggage in each suitcase so if one is lost at least we have some clothes but after all these years we still haven't done that, must try harder! Wish they'd do our cruise from ALicante. The thing is, the first port of call is Cartagena but we cannot board from there, arghhh.

I've done this type of holiday packing for years. It's easier than it seems. We just pack both cases as normal so we know we have everything and then just swap over some items from one case to the other. This way, should one case go missing we have a selection of items for both of us in each case.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby Ron Hill » Sun Oct 14, 2018 9:25 am

The theory for the packing is a good one ladies, however knowing my other half who already takes at least 75% of my suitcase plus her own. I’d end up with my stuff in a supermarket carrier bag lol
Ron Hill

Which part of Spain are you from?: Entre Naranjos

Postby Chrisdee » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:34 pm

Spot on, 29.80 to about 0.5 of a mile from Las Rambles. That included the 3.50 extra for the pickup from the airport and 2 euros for the cases. Around 20 mins, fairly busy. Everything went really smoothly got to Alicante, no queue whatsoever checked in straight away, no queues at security flight 30 mins delay but arrived after 1 hr instead of 1 hr 10 mins, no queues at taxi rank and straight to hotel. Went to las Rambles for a couple of hours coming back at 5.50 to hotel and got mugged!! Broad daylight, loads of people about, we know all their tricks and we still got done. Un effing believable. Moral of the story, don't wear anything nice around your neck. Didn't pick on me but my husband. Hope the rest of the holiday goes well.
Chrisdee

Postby Jan » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:59 am

Sorry to hear about this.

My daughter went to Barcelona. I told her to be very careful as I had heard that it was the pick-pocketing capital of the world. While she was there she heard people talking about three separate instances that had just happened. She was amazed that these people carried so much money and credit cards out with them and seemed to have no idea about the unfortunate reputation that Barcelona has.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa