Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair check in

Re: Ryanair check in

Postby blingle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:53 pm

There we are...just received this today- you don't need to go to the check-in desk at all!!!

https://mirror1.ryanair.com/nl/jsp/m.js ... activetrip
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby lance » Mon Oct 22, 2018 8:30 am

Thanks blingle
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Postby iant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:48 am

. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jt7geRoNUs . I use Ryanair and in fact I fly on Wed with them. They are my first choice. The above link clearly states that there no longer will be bags collected at the gate but you need to go to the bag drop. Have they changed their minds? If you can still take it to the gate what is the point as they will still have to tag them all and this was meant to speed things up. What happens if you arrive at the gate and you have not booked and paid for a bag? I will be flying back in November and await to see the chaos. I have priority booked so no problem but !!!! Watch this space.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:56 am

iant wrote:. https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_cont ... Jt7geRoNUs . I use Ryanair and in fact I fly on Wed with them. They are my first choice. The above link clearly states that there no longer will be bags collected at the gate but you need to go to the bag drop. Have they changed their minds? If you can still take it to the gate what is the point as they will still have to tag them all and this was meant to speed things up. What happens if you arrive at the gate and you have not booked and paid for a bag? I will be flying back in November and await to see the chaos. I have priority booked so no problem but !!!! Watch this space.

In the Ryanair info as linked above:

"If you have not purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags (previously Priority Boarding), you are only permitted to bring 1 small personal bag on board (max 35cm x 20cm x 20cm) that must fit under the seat in front of you. Your second bigger 10kg cabin bag (max 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) will be tagged at the boarding gate and put into the hold free of charge and can be collected at the baggage carousel on arrival."

Says it all really...."Free of charge" (10kg bag of max size shown above) I find its the chaos on the aircraft that causes most problems. This should cut down on the amount of people trying to cram their case in overhead lockers and blocking the aisles for everyone.

Edited. See new rules for flights on or after 1st November, below on this topic.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby iant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:18 am

Jan, I am really sorry to be pedantic but I feel many people are being misled from the information on here. Yes just now a cabin bag is free and will be taken at the gate. AFTER Nov 1 it will not be free unless you have priority boarding. Go to their web site and look at the heading "NEW BAG POLICY FROM NOV 1" It is in a big red heading. Many people are going to now go to the gate with their bag and will be charged £25 at the gate due to the missleading information posted here. PLEASE go to their website and get the correct info.
iant

Postby iant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:26 am

I think Lance received that notice as his flight most probably is departing prior to NOV1 as I received the same info.
iant

Postby iant » Mon Oct 22, 2018 10:28 am

Sorry should have quoted Blingle! in my above post.
iant

Postby Jan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 11:13 am

iant wrote:Jan, I am really sorry to be pedantic but I feel many people are being misled from the information on here. Yes just now a cabin bag is free and will be taken at the gate. AFTER Nov 1 it will not be free unless you have priority boarding. Go to their web site and look at the heading "NEW BAG POLICY FROM NOV 1" It is in a big red heading. Many people are going to now go to the gate with their bag and will be charged £25 at the gate due to the missleading information posted here. PLEASE go to their website and get the correct info.

Yes sorry, it all changes for flights on or after Nov 1st 2018. See this link for full info:

https://www.ryanair.com/gb/en/useful-in ... t-november

Part copy from above information :
"From 01st November 2018, non-priority customers who wish to bring a second larger wheelie bag (10kg weight) must purchase the 10kg Check-in Bag for €/£8 if purchased during the initial flight booking, or €/£10 if added online after booking up to 40 minutes before the scheduled flight departure time. The 10kg wheelie bag must be deposited at the airport bag drop desk prior to entering security. Please be advised this new bag option is available to purchase from the 01st September 2018 for travel on/after 01st November."
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby blingle » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:03 pm

All a bit of a farce, really...the email I received yesterday (above) relates directly to my November 12th flight!!!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby 1foot4ward » Tue Oct 23, 2018 8:23 am

It’s pretty simple - if you want to take bags onboard you pay for priority & 2 bags. If you’re happy to drop trolley bag @ desk (and pay smaller fee), then do that....

Only other point is that priority is now limited to fixed number of customers so may not show as option if booking near flight date
1foot4ward

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

PreviousNext