Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Ryanair check in

Ryanair check in

Postby lance » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:22 am

What is the latest check in procedure for Ryanair. I am travelling with just cabin baggage, do I just check in on line & walk to the plane with my bag or do I now need to go to a check in desk & check my luggage in. Any advice would be appretiated
lance

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa. Quesada

Re: Ryanair check in

Postby Jordy » Thu Oct 18, 2018 12:25 pm

Depends on what you have booked. If you have chosen priority boarding then you can check in online
from 60 days up to 2 hours before the flight and take your cabin luggage plus a smaller bag onboard.
Non priority passengers check in online from 30 days beforehand up to 4 hours before the flight. This is
info I was sent before a recent flight;

Priority & 2 Cabin Bags:
Only customers who have purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags (previously Priority Boarding), Flexi Plus, Plus or Family Plus will be permitted to bring 2 bags into the cabin: 1 x 10kg cabin bag (max 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) and 1 small personal bag (max 35cm x 20cm x 20cm).

Non-Priority:
If you have not purchased Priority & 2 Cabin Bags (previously Priority Boarding), you are only permitted to bring 1 small personal bag on board (max 35cm x 20cm x 20cm) that must fit under the seat in front of you. Your second bigger 10kg cabin bag (max 55cm x 40cm x 20cm) will be tagged at the boarding gate and put into the hold free of charge and can be collected at the baggage carousel on arrival.

Airport Shopping:
All customers who have purchased airport shopping or duty free may bring this in addition to their cabin bag allowance (max 35cm x 20cm x 20cm). We offer inflight shopping on board with some of the cheapest prices around. View our inflight magazine here.

Hope that makes sense.
Jordy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby manxmunk » Fri Oct 19, 2018 12:04 am

You will probably find that check in time is usually 30 minutes before the next scheduled cancellation due to staff strike actions. :lol:
manxmunk

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby iant » Fri Oct 19, 2018 6:01 am

The policy changes Nov 1. Details are on their web site but basically if you have not purchased priority you need to drop your bag of at the desk you can't go straight to the gate. Check the info on their website.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby Elpando » Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:48 pm

As per previous post by iant. For the remainder of this month, you will have your non-priority 10kg cabin bag/case taken from you at the gate and put in the hold FOC. But from November all non priority bookings, your bag must be handed over at the Ryanair check-in desks before you go through security FOC.
This is designed to cut out the extra work at the departure gates and also very cunningly to scare more people into paying for priority.
Elpando

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby shap » Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:08 am

If you have purchased a seat you can check in online well in advance but if not, then check in is from 48 hours up to 2 hours before the flight time. Even with priority boarding but without seat purchase you can only check in from 48 hours before the flight. Travelling with hand luggage you don't need to go to the check in desk as long as you have checked in online and have your boarding pass (either paper or mobile)
shap

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby iant » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:57 am

Shap, I think you need to read the Ryanair web site. Unless you have priority boarding you must drop your hand luggage at bag drop (desk) you no longer can take it to the gate. This is from Nov 1st of course. They have produced a video on their site which explains it.
iant

Which part of Spain are you from?: Central Quesada

Postby shap » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:25 am

Yes you are correct iant, this is from November I think. I was referring to my circumstance in October where I had Priority Boarding but had not bought a seat which meant I could just go to the gate with my hand luggage.
shap

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby blingle » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:07 am

It's an interesting one...because when I go to the airport, no-one looks at my boarding pass until I'm through security (everything's automated)...so no-one knows whether I'm Priority or not until I start to board.

So...if I get to the departure gate with my rucksack and they then see that I'm not Priority, what then?

Do they put my rucksack in the hold for me? In which case...no point going to the check-in desk!
blingle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Jan » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:35 am

blingle wrote:It's an interesting one...because when I go to the airport, no-one looks at my boarding pass until I'm through security (everything's automated)...so no-one knows whether I'm Priority or not until I start to board.

So...if I get to the departure gate with my rucksack and they then see that I'm not Priority, what then?

Do they put my rucksack in the hold for me? In which case...no point going to the check-in desk!

:text-goodpost:

There are many ,like me, who use whichever airline has the best times when booking and carrying hand luggage is second nature. Unless the airline change the check in procedure and only allow those with priority boarding to check in online prior to arriving at the airport, then there will be lots of passengers turning up at the boarding desk with hand luggage.

It really is second nature to go straight through security to departure lounge with a boarding pass and hand luggage. Therefore unless RyanAir are not allowing check in online when a passenger has not paid for priority boarding then most people will still go straight through.
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Next