Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Log burner !

Log burner !

Postby Nikon » Sat Oct 20, 2018 8:13 pm

we are looking at the cost of a log burner we seek advice on theses and most of all the cost of installation
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Log burner !

Postby Madcatwoman » Sat Oct 20, 2018 10:29 pm

Hi,
we bought ours from Mobility World which is on the C V 905 by Hiperber supermarket, the roundabout before Carrefour if you're coming from Quesada.
We fitted ours ourselves but know they will fit it if you want, sorry but not sure of the cost of fitting. Ours is a small cast iron one that's excellent for heating our small 2 bed house and a few years ago cost us 295€ . They also have a selection in AKI in Habaneras and Leroy Merlin.
Madcatwoman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta

Postby Julie » Sun Oct 21, 2018 5:42 am

Go and speak to Sue in Ambience. They’re in Quesada just down the road from the old correos. They do a good job.
Julie

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marquesas Quesada

Postby gebrow » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:26 am

Look at budget burners they did ours excellent service and price good to. They are online and on zoco market very helpful..
gebrow

Which part of Spain are you from?: algorfa

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Oct 21, 2018 10:01 am

best to buy if you can a cast iron one if you can afford it, the cheaper ones are pressed steel, and if not looked after properly don't last as long,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Overdale » Sun Oct 21, 2018 11:11 am

Hi, we bought our cast iron log burner from Leroy merlin, and oversized it, steel does not last as long, go for a double skinned flue, single flue don’t last long, make sure birds can’t get in the flue, we had a bird and a bat looking at us through the glass, opened the door and they flew away
Overdale

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Crispin

Postby Molly » Sun Oct 21, 2018 3:49 pm

Hi
Leroymerlin sell this oven: http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/19091352/e ... cha=512402

It is made in Denmark and have a much higher quality than the Spanish models. It burns the wood properly and is more environmentally friendly. It has a special system for optimizing the air flow that I do not think you find on models made in Spain and Italy. I have one and it gives almost to much heat.
Molly

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Vi Robertson » Sun Oct 21, 2018 7:23 pm

Check out a Pellet Burner as an alternative. They are less expensive to run & much cleaner.
Vi Robertson

Postby scubydoo » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:19 pm

Vi Robertson wrote:Check out a Pellet Burner as an alternative. They are less expensive to run & much cleaner.

Pellet burners are not cheaper to run but they are cleaner if the electricity goes of unless it it a certain model with the correct flue they will not work!
scubydoo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby richardlionheart » Sun Oct 21, 2018 8:37 pm

Ive used log burners for 20 years. First thing I learned is ther isnt much difference between a £200 log burner and a £1000 log burner apart from cosmetics. The first one I bought new was a chinese one off ebay, cost me £179 , and was still burning strong when we sold up and moved here.

I dont know about Spain, but in the UK fitting wood burners is a racket, like the MOT. They passed a set of regulations called HETAS, they are absurd and it means paying somone to install a log burner will cost you £1000 minimum. Our stove was never HETAS complaint, worked fine, no one died, and cost me £100 o fit.

Id be interested to know how it works here in Spain, if they havent fallen for the HETAS scam I might fit one here.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.