Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Inconsiderate people

Inconsiderate people

Postby Lavender » Mon Oct 22, 2018 2:44 pm

I went for my flu injection today at the medical centre in Dona Pepa. There were lots of people there waiting for their injection and the noise was horrendous. The nurse kept asking for quiet but certain ones chose to ignore her, speaking in a loud voice to their friends. It was difficult to hear the names being called above their loud speaking....and I'm ashamed to say that most of the people were British. The doctor eventually came out and gave the nurse a right telling off, saying they would be able to hear them out on the street!!! It was so embarrassing.and I felt really sorry for her. Why can't people have some respect ... it is a medical centre after all and not a playground. Even my small grand child would behave better than some of the British pensioners over here.
Lavender

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Inconsiderate people

Postby M&W » Mon Oct 22, 2018 3:53 pm

We are a different race ,there’s no wonder no one likes us .Just curious but did they all have a pint of lager in their hand and full of tattoos.?
M&W

Which part of Spain are you from?: Daya vieja

Postby Lavender » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:19 pm

M&W wrote:We are a different race ,there’s no wonder no one likes us .Just curious but did they all have a pint of lager in their hand and full of tattoos.?

lol. It wouldn't have surprised me in the least. I'm sure they wouldn't behave like that in a medical centre in the U.K. There again I haven't been back there for quite a few years so don't know how they behave there now. All I know is that I was brought up to have respect and consideration for others. That seems to have gone out of the window now, but I do expect more from people my own age. Shame on them because it tars us all with the same brush. The staff at the medical centre must get thoroughly sick of the Brits. The doctor was furious and quite rightly so. Unfortunately the nurse got it in the neck and not the rude pensioners.
Last edited by Lavender on Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lavender

Postby jpeg » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:22 pm

M&W wrote:We are a different race ,there’s no wonder no one likes us .Just curious but did they all have a pint of lager in their hand and full of tattoos.?

I find that the noisiest and rude Expats are usually the higher worth residents not the ones with Tattoos
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Oct 22, 2018 5:32 pm

typical of many uk pensioners today uk and abroad unfortunately ,something for nothing although many can afford to pay,but won,t if they hear its free,they are ther like a shot , seen it in bars especially menu del dias were it includes drink, if theres four they,ll all order a white a red a rosa,hoping to get a bottle of each, Yes ITS EMBARASSING to the rest of us brits ,no wonder Spanish only like us for our spending power.seen many a pensioner in uk in my local wetherspoons were a coffee is £1.10 and free refills ,get 1 cup between them and go back for many a free refill time over,and yes its the ones with the most brass,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby elchedave » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:05 pm

M&W I find your comment rather offensive, i have tattoos & drink lager, i also served my country in the RFA, for those who aren't aware the RFA ( Royal fleet Auxiliary service) is a civilian manned support fleet of ships for the Royal Navy, i have served in various "hostile" zones around the world in my 35 years service.
I never have & never will, behave in the rowdy manner the OP was talking about & i am certain many others will feel the same.
IN ESSENCE DO NOT JUDGE A BOOK BY IT'S COVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dave
ps, may i also add, that overweight,pompous, late middle aged foul mouthed racist on the Ryanair flight to Stanstead didn't appear to have tattoos or a pint of lager anywhere near him.
Last edited by elchedave on Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby George-g » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:22 pm

Well Said elchedave.
Like yourself I have served in the armed forces, have tattos and have a drink now and then. Too much of a stigma attached to people with tattoos which is in the most part undeserved.
George
George-g

Postby emwood » Mon Oct 22, 2018 7:29 pm

I think you will find their actions and foul mouths work equally as well in the UK
emwood

Postby Lavender » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:13 pm

I didn't want to start an argument about tattoos and lager. My intention of posting my comments was to remind people that the medical centre is not a place to have such loud conversations which result in a nurse getting reprimanded for their rude inexcusable behaviour. Could people please respect their surroundings and not turn a place where patients go for medical treatment into a football match, because that is what it sounded like.....and it isn't the first time I've heard the nurses having to ask people to please be quiet. So embarrassing!!!!
Lavender

Postby elchedave » Mon Oct 22, 2018 9:20 pm

Lavender, you didn't start the argument, M&W did with his judgemental comments.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next