Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Wanted shower screen for a corner bath

Advertise here for free any unwanted/secondhand items that you would like to sell or buy. For example: Household items/Bicycles/Garden furniture etc. Please include prices and photos, if possible.

Wanted shower screen for a corner bath

Postby jolodoyle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 3:46 pm

Maybe a long shot, but has anyone got a glass shower screen for a corner bath. I have asked in Don De and another bath shop, and they want around €450 euros. Nearly cheaper to change to a normal bath and shower screen, but then I need to replumb and retile as well, hence giving this a try. As a matter of interest, a glass shower screen for a conventional or P shaped bath is around € 65 .

Hope my shot in the dark works, as the old fashioned shower curtains are far from ideal,

Fingers crossed !!!!
jolodoyle

Which part of Spain are you from?: Donna Peppa

Re: Wanted shower screen for a corner bath

Postby Janjan » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:51 pm

If you get one from Don De you won't be disappointed. Very good quality and first class installation.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby jolodoyle » Thu Oct 25, 2018 5:52 pm

Thank you Janjan,

We only need one for occasional visitors, so €500 plus with fitting seems a lot, especially as straight bath or P bath glass screens are less than €100. Thank you anyway for your recommendation, but we hope to find someone perhaps who are getting rid of their corner bath, and screen.
jolodoyle

Postby GrahamR » Fri Oct 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Hi, I had the same problem as you and Don De wanted 699 Euros in 2013. Maybe, the suppliers are selling cheaper now as corner baths are not so popular.
I did not want to spend that so I went to Leroy Merlin. I got a bifold frosted plastic shower screen with white metal surrounds. I attached it to the wall, but set it up the wrong way round so the two panels ‘curve’ round the edge of the bath. Most of the time it just stays in position, but if we want it moving when cleaning the bath, we just fold it in half away from the bath.
I think it cost about 50-60 Euros and we have used it for 5 years and would not consider changing it for the bespoke version. It just touches the top of the bath and there is no escape of water.
I can’t send you a picture as we are back in England at the moment, but if I have described it well enough to you, then I suggest you do similar to us.
GrahamR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby jolodoyle » Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:15 pm

Thank you for your reply Graham. This is exactly what makes the forum so useful, sharing of information,

John
jolodoyle