Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

UK Pension And Spanish Health ?

UK Pension And Spanish Health ?

Postby viking » Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:53 am

Hi

A friend of mine will be entitled to their UK State Pension shortly,and will need to obtain a Spanish SIP card (private health finishes end of 2018).

Can any kind persons explain the procedures as regards their pension being paid into a bank account(UK),and how you go about obtaining the SIP card here ?

I'm honestly not 100% sure what it all entails,so any details of places to contact/telephone numbers etc will help them out tremendously.

Thank you,in advance of any assistance.
viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: UK Pension And Spanish Health ?

Postby marcliff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:19 am

Have they been working in Spain? In which case they go through their employers.

If not then they contact the Overseas Pensions Office in Newcastle on +44 (0) 191 218 7777.
They will take details over the phone including NI number and so on. They will then send a completed S1 form which transfers your medical entitlement from UK to Spain (note that the S1 also covers pensioners for treatment in UK as well). They will also provide an EHIC which is valid for use in all EU countries outside Spain.
If the lady lives in Quesada then she needs to take the S1 plus passport, up to date padron and EHIC to the lady who works for the health services at Rojales town hall (I think she's only there for 2 mornings a week but the reception staff will tell her when).
The lady will issue her with a temporary SIP card and the permanent one will arrive in a month or so.

Regarding the pension, she needs to claim it and I think she can do it on the same number. They will send the forms for claiming which will include a form asking where she wants the pension to be paid, eg UK or Spanish bank.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby Cornishbug » Sat Oct 27, 2018 11:25 am

:text-goodpost: Marcliff :text-thankyouyellow:
Cornishbug

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Fulgencio

Postby viking » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:02 pm

Hi

Thank you so much for the information,it really is appreciated.

I will pass on the details,to my friend.
viking

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Ginger » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:05 pm

Before handing the S1 over to anyone take half dozen copies as we have just had problems trying to get treatment in the Uk We are both British Nationals but the first thing York Teaching Hospital wanted to know was ‘who is going to pay’. After explaining we were Spanish residents they wanted a copy of his S1, try contacting Newcastle for a copy is like pushing water up hill with your bare h@nds.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby marcliff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:19 pm

Yes, I should have mentioned take copies of the S1 as the lady takes them away and doesn't give them back.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby richardlionheart » Sat Oct 27, 2018 6:28 pm

I have now got to the stage i scan every document into a separate pdf file, then I can make infinite copies as i need. Ive scanned EVERYTHING in.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.