Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Car insurance. !

Car insurance. !

Postby Nikon » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:36 pm

who is a good reputable. company for Car insurance. we are looking at car insurance we have had 1 quote. but is there a site which is like in the uk comparison site. ?

we have heard there is

Mapfre
Gran Alacant.

we would like some advice. on this. and do they include. breakdown. cover. or recovery. to a choice of your location.

thanks.
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Car insurance. !

Postby marcliff » Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:07 pm

Acierto.com is an insurance comparison site.
Most companies include breakdown cover as standard but check with them. No need to go to Gran Alacant for Mapre as they have an office on the Consum complex. Also several in Quesada town like Ibex, Right Move and others.
Plus Linea Directa has an English speaking phone line (just google Linea Directa in English).
Also ask them what level of cover they give.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby fireroute » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:52 am

A word of advice stay away from Allianz, I had an accident 8 months ago and still not a penny from that company!!!
fireroute

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Babu » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:29 am

Just to clarify some of the above for you, Mapfre and Linea Directa etc. are Insurance Companies like LV and Direct Line in the UK.
Gran Alacant, RightMove and Salts Bay (in La Marina) are Insurance Brokers who in theory trawl many Insurance Companies for the best deal for you.
In my experience the Brokers tend to plump for Liberty Seguros as the Insurance Company of choice.
I went with a Broker (Salts Bay) as a) they had a competitive rate, b) were very helpful with my requirements and c) offered the free service of a 1 stop shop for arranging things for me in the case of an accident/breakdown if it occurred during office hours. Importantly they had previously assisted people we knew with claims etc. and were very happy with them.
The vast bulk of Insurers in Spain include breakdown cover in the policy as standard and cover any driver (over 24, I think) as its the car, not the person that is insured.
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby grichn » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:01 pm

I have used Beneficial for years. Excellent service from Jane. Its the law to provide breakdown service and she includes windows and replacement vehicle.
Richard
grichn

Which part of Spain are you from?: crevillent

Postby jpeg » Sun Oct 28, 2018 2:03 pm

grichn wrote:I have used Beneficial for years. Excellent service from Jane. Its the law to provide breakdown service and she includes windows and replacement vehicle.
Richard

It is not the law to provide breakdown service by insurance companies in Spain
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby GLASSMAN » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:37 pm

fireroute wrote:A word of advice stay away from Allianz, I had an accident 8 months ago and still not a penny from that company!!!
same here not fault accident ,still waiting for them to pay up,to my insurance company,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby brandyboy » Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:07 pm

I just ditched Liberty Seguros. For the last two years they have advised me of the renewal premium just a few days prior to them taking it from my bank. Given that they want a months notice to change, I consider this sharp practice, so this year I made sure that I was on them early and I have saved 90€ on their best offer. I'm going with Reale, with whom I have my house and another car insured. I'm happy to do that as I had some water in in the recent rains and the repairs were completed within a week, no problem.
brandyboy

Postby Nikon » Thu Nov 01, 2018 10:23 pm

brandyboy wrote:I just ditched Liberty Seguros. For the last two years they have advised me of the renewal premium just a few days prior to them taking it from my bank. Given that they want a months notice to change, I consider this sharp practice, so this year I made sure that I was on them early and I have saved 90€ on their best offer. I'm going with Reale, with whom I have my house and another car insured. I'm happy to do that as I had some water in in the recent rains and the repairs were completed within a week, no problem.

where is this place. most helpful please and will visit this insurance if you can send me the details.
Nikon

Postby brandyboy » Fri Nov 02, 2018 8:50 pm

Nikon wrote:
brandyboy wrote:I just ditched Liberty Seguros. For the last two years they have advised me of the renewal premium just a few days prior to them taking it from my bank. Given that they want a months notice to change, I consider this sharp practice, so this year I made sure that I was on them early and I have saved 90€ on their best offer. I'm going with Reale, with whom I have my house and another car insured. I'm happy to do that as I had some water in in the recent rains and the repairs were completed within a week, no problem.

where is this place. most helpful please and will visit this insurance if you can send me the details.

I do it through IBEX Insurance they are in the side road that runs between Gama and Goyos, behind Don Carlos.
Incidentally, I like your pic of the Watneys lorry, I remember going round the yard of Watneys brewery in Whitechapel, in one of them with my dad when I used to go to work with him on a Saturday
brandyboy

Next