Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Central heating installers

Central heating installers

Postby Spittysmum » Sun Oct 28, 2018 4:49 pm

Does anybody know of or can recommend a good heating installer? Preferably natural gas.
Spittysmum

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Central heating installers

Postby Glassfull » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:01 pm

We’d recommend Premier Heating. They installed our central heating in April and we are currently basking in the heat from it, as I write this.

We found them efficient and tidy and their pricing was more honest than some competitors.

Terry, the boss, is on 677 75 51 23 but as he’s out on the tools, may not be able to answer straight away. Their office number is 966 86 46 73 and is staffed daily
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby richardlionheart » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:55 pm

Interesting ,what was the avergae cost per radiator of your installation? (installation cost/number of radiators)
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Glassfull » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:45 pm

richardlionheart wrote:Interesting ,what was the avergae cost per radiator of your installation? (installation cost/number of radiators)

Ours was an oil fired system which is dearer than a gas system.

Premier Heating installed

One boiler
One 700L tank
Seven radiators
For €4900

They cut into the house’s plinth, to access the crawl space beneath, to run insulated pipes to the ground floor rads. The pipe run to upstairs was via insulated pipes run in conduit. Premier made good all the access holes too

The closest quote for a similar oil fired system was €6200
Glassfull

Postby richardlionheart » Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:52 pm

€700 a radiator then, or €885. useful to know.
richardlionheart

Location: not cold grey expensive police state UK, thank god.

Postby Spittysmum » Mon Oct 29, 2018 8:37 am

Thanks glassful, good info. We are hoping to move to Quesada early in the new year, and the house we hope to move to doesn’t have cCH so that will be our priority.
Spittysmum

Postby Gasplumbman » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:03 am

Hope you have gas in the street even then it can be a long drawn out affair,I,ve been waiting 3 years now,its only 15 mitres away but they won't cross the road,wish I could bring my colleagues over could do it in half a day but no,has to come hundred mitres down the urbanisation,long since retired
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby Glassfull » Mon Oct 29, 2018 9:59 am

Gasplumbman wrote:Hope you have gas in the street even then it can be a long drawn out affair,I,ve been waiting 3 years now,its only 15 mitres away but they won't cross the road,wish I could bring my colleagues over could do it in half a day but no,has to come hundred mitres down the urbanisation,long since retired

That’s why we went for oil. Not enough people in our Conjunta wanted gas so, the gas company wouldn’t supply to one property.

We could have gone with a 1000L gas tank, for free but didn’t want to contact for a 500L per annum supply for 10 years and, face a fine if we didn’t take that much in a year.

It’s funny, but the opposite scenario has happened with a friend wants fibre in his villa. Telfy have only cabled to Conjuntas in the road. His is the second villa after the communities but Telfy haven’t ventured beyond them.

At least, in some other European countries, there an obligation to utilities companies to supply their services
Glassfull

Postby Ireneinveraray » Tue Oct 30, 2018 12:32 am

Hi Glassful, how economical is oil filled central heating to run?
Ireneinveraray

Postby Glassfull » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:50 am

Ireneinveraray wrote:Hi Glassful, how economical is oil filled central heating to run?

I can’t tell you that as we only had the system installed in April. I’d estimate that, so far, we’ve used 15-20% of our initial fill of 700 litres. That did include a week or so’s heating in April and, this past week.

Oil and bulk gas were our only solutions as natural gas wasn’t an option. But, oil was our only real answer as we can control how much we spend and, chose to refill when we want.

If I recall correctly, gas bottles - the silver ones - are cheaper than bulk gas but the problem with those is-

1, You they cannot predict when they’ll run out.
2, You’ve the hassle of exchanging the bottles.
3, Bottles need to be stored in a casita

Bulk, 1000L gas storage cylinders would be supplied free on a 10 year contract but, I think, dearer per litre and, if you did not take the minimum contacted supply per annum, you’d be ‘find’ €150 in that year.

If you contact Premier (966 86 46 84) for a quote, Terry (677 75 51 23)will run through the options and for’s and against’s for you situation.

Terry’s not a high pressure salesman, just an honest Yorkshireman, who’ll provide an estimate based on your requirements and the materials needed. He’s not one of these, so many Euros for a system of so many radiators and X Euros for each additional rad.

In fact, after he’d provided our quote, I asked “how much for a radiator in the naya”. His reply? “I’ll put that in for no extra, it’s only back to back with another rad, they’re only a few Euros” So, non of this, €300 for an additional radiator, like some local competitors.
Glassfull

Next