Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Health insurance

Re: Health insurance

Postby GLASSMAN » Wed Nov 14, 2018 6:58 pm

solbank do sufficient health insurance for residency, cost varies on your personal circumstances,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby elchedave » Wed Nov 14, 2018 8:03 pm

roo roo,
No i didn't. I also e-mailed via the forum & got no reply. Perhaps he decided not to disclose the information, i must say i think it a little rude not to at least acknowledge our contact.
Regards,
Dave.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby roo roo » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:18 pm

Thanks for your reply Dave.
Does anybody else know what grinch might have been suggesting about free health care for government pensioners?
roo roo

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Nov 15, 2018 7:46 am

The so called free health care,by reciprocal agreement,Is it not for UK pensioners who have become Spanish residents,and living here permanently,?
GLASSMAN

Postby elchedave » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:57 am

GLASSMAN,
grichn made a statement that persons in receipt of a Government pension could obtain free medical insurance, we are assuming that this is for pre state pension age persons as the OP was asking about private medical insurance. Unfortunately grichn has "gone to ground" on this & hasn't replied to our PM's or e-mails.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby GLASSMAN » Thu Nov 15, 2018 10:23 am

if you arnt of pension age ,I don't think there is free health care even if you are a resident, theres something called the valencian system were you pay x amount monthly that you can join ,but I still think you have to be resident,and I,ve also heard,and read ,unfortunately it was a couple of years ago and I cant remember were,on another forum I think, that if you give up total dependency on uk healthcare via a letter to dwpp newcastle, you can transfer to the Spanish system at any age,but its a long drawn out process, and should you go back to uk you got to try and reverse the process, how true that is I don't know,
of course we know that some live here full time and chance it with European health card, if needed. but the day will come ,and I know people have been asked to show there ticket home,so as not to out stay there time , when care is needed,here in spain.
GLASSMAN

Postby Paulr » Thu Nov 15, 2018 9:29 pm

If you are UK State Pension age, and/or have an Exportable Benefit, you should qualify for an S1 to transfer your healthcare from the UK to Spain. To apply for an S1, contact the DWP in Newcastle on +44 191 218 1999, or email them at [email protected]

The only criteria for obtaining free (reciprocal) Spanish healthcare is if you are:

- in receipt of UK State Pension or Long Term Sickness benefit;
- in receipt of a UK "exportable benefit", e.g. disability living allowance;
- in receipt of a Spanish state pension or benefit (working for a UK company in Spain);
- working in Spain and paying social security contributions here, or receiving Spanish unemployment benefit;
- a permanent resident in Spain, i.e. have lived here permanently for a minimum of 5 years and/or have a Permanent Residency certificate issued before 24th April 2012.

If none of the above apply, the options are to:

- purchase private health cover, and
- having registered on the Foreigners' (Extranjeros) List and obtained a green card, after 1 year, you can apply to join the Convenio Especial, at a cost of Eu 60 per person, per month.

The letter which Glassman refers to is a "legislation letter" and is only needed if you need to provide proof in Spain that you are not covered by the UK for healthcare - you may only request this from the UK when you are applying to join a free healthcare scheme in Spain, e.g. healthcare on the basis of residency. Please note that the legislation letter is not available if you are applying to join the Convenio Especial (Spanish Govt pay-in scheme).
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby GLASSMAN » Fri Nov 16, 2018 10:50 am

Well said and stated Paulr
GLASSMAN

Postby GA Insurances » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:20 pm

Paulr wrote:If you are UK State Pension age, and/or have an Exportable Benefit, you should qualify for an S1 to transfer your healthcare from the UK to Spain. To apply for an S1, contact the DWP in Newcastle on +44 191 218 1999, or email them at [email protected]

The only criteria for obtaining free (reciprocal) Spanish healthcare is if you are:

- in receipt of UK State Pension or Long Term Sickness benefit;
- in receipt of a UK "exportable benefit", e.g. disability living allowance;
- in receipt of a Spanish state pension or benefit (working for a UK company in Spain);
- working in Spain and paying social security contributions here, or receiving Spanish unemployment benefit;
- a permanent resident in Spain, i.e. have lived here permanently for a minimum of 5 years and/or have a Permanent Residency certificate issued before 24th April 2012.

If none of the above apply, the options are to:

- purchase private health cover, and
- having registered on the Foreigners' (Extranjeros) List and obtained a green card, after 1 year, you can apply to join the Convenio Especial, at a cost of Eu 60 per person, per month.

The letter which Glassman refers to is a "legislation letter" and is only needed if you need to provide proof in Spain that you are not covered by the UK for healthcare - you may only request this from the UK when you are applying to join a free healthcare scheme in Spain, e.g. healthcare on the basis of residency. Please note that the legislation letter is not available if you are applying to join the Convenio Especial (Spanish Govt pay-in scheme).
Gran Alacant Insurances
Tel. (0034) 966 390 830 - Mobile (0034) 637 307 930
Email: [email protected]
GA Insurances

Which part of Spain are you from?: Santa Pola

Previous