Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sadly selling!

Re: Sadly selling!

Postby Chriscat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:54 pm

Sorry but best I don’t say.
Chriscat

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby Chriscat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:34 am

What ever they are, they are turning areas into their own ghettos. Another block had same problem and new community management had them all out in a month. We are going with them and hope the same methods can be used.
Chriscat

Postby Scipio » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:22 am

In Torrevieja a few years back the authorities bulldozed a whole street to get rid of the gypsies.
Scipio

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby Chriscat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:57 am

We have about 15 normal owners and 8 gypsies, we need them to be ‘persuaded’ to leave! The rest have been repossessed as people stopped paying their mortgage. They were sold 14 yrs ago then of course after 2007 they were worth half. We bought 7 years ago at a realistic price. Friends who bought in another block when first built paid 110k, they would be lucky to get 55k now. You can understand why people walk away.
Chriscat

Postby camionpilot » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:12 pm

You may be able to walkaway , but the bank/ mortgage co will pursue you for the balance and will chase you all over the EU and the UK for payment until the debt is settled .

The days of walking in the bank, throwing your keys in and bolting off to the UK thinking my responsibility has finished are long gone as many have found to their cost .!!!!!
camionpilot

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa, Quesada

Postby Siennakyra1 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Thank you for this update I want to buy in Spain and estate agents suggested this area now I will stay clear and look at La Marquesa which is my favourite choice . Thanks for your honesty x
Siennakyra1

Which part of Spain are you from?: LANCASHIRE

Postby Chriscat » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:02 pm

Formentera is a lovely village but as all over the area of Rojales you have small pockets of gypsies and squatters for the reasons I’ve given. Unfortunately my community has been targeted. I agree so many think they can walk from their mortgage because they are too stupid to realise that they will be chased down.
Chriscat

Postby Nikon » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:01 am

Siennakyra1 wrote:Thank you for this update I want to buy in Spain and estate agents suggested this area now I will stay clear and look at La Marquesa which is my favourite choice . Thanks for your honesty x

its a great shame. for the people who live in this area and also local Spanish people. and we shouldn't tar them with the same issues. as we all know small minority and now people will look and say. NO so prices will fall again in this area. and th bars will and shops wilssufer has of this.
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Chriscat » Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:37 am

The local people are lovely, the police as supportive as they can be but we are overwhelmed by this. The bars all seem to do well. Just 8 families can ruin the area I can’t say on here how I’d like them removed!
Chriscat

Postby Willow » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:54 am

So sorry to hear this Chriscat, we had some squatters in our area for a while , think they were also selling drugs , eventually the police moved them on. Hope you manage to sell and perhaps rent somewhere else .
Willow

PreviousNext