Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Sadly selling!

Sadly selling!

Postby Chriscat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 11:55 am

After owning a lovely apartment in nearby Formentera for 7 years we have been forced to sell. We have empty units in our community which have had gypsies breaking in and squatting. They Hotwire the electric, steal water by connecting to the supply, block drains with nappies and intimidate anyone who objects including utility officials. After immense flooding in my apartment from blocked drains we can’t take it anymore! The icing on the cake is the owners who walked away from their over priced mortgaged property and returned it to the bank, we have discovered the banks have also been social renting these to, yes you’ve guessed it to gypsies!!! I never planned to live in a ghetto. So beware if banks have repossessed properties in your community they are happy to surround you with gypsies who have no standards and live by thieving what you pay for. Sadly we are off and probably won’t buy again.
Chriscat

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Re: Sadly selling!

Postby Nikon » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:23 pm

That’s so sad both me and my wife looked in this area and to be honest the appartment was stunning and a good price we was virtually sold on this but we read a few issues and stopped our offer , we did buy in spain but not there we have visited since and looked again it was facing the football pitch and we liked the local bars and local people so reading above has now caused for concern hopefully you will get sorted best wishes and luck
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Titch » Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:40 pm

Can’t the police do anything about theft of electricity and water? Maybe the local Spanish language papers such as información might be interested in the story. It’s appalling that this goes largely unnoticed and unreported. So sorry to hear of your problems. Good luck for the future
Titch

Postby Maureen222 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:15 pm

What a shame. Really feel for you. Where we live, and in almost every area of spain there are gypses. Unfortunately many of them believe it’s perfectly ok to take and do what they want, with little thought for other people and suffering no consequences for their antisocial behaviour. Before I moved to spain I was a big campaigner for “live and let live”, Sadly not now.
Maureen222

Postby Chriscat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:31 pm

Police as you know will only attend if issue is happening. Also you cannot do a denunciation on behalf of utilities, they have to do and they don’t. We have reported to them but they are not interested. Mind you if I didn’t pay bill I would be cut off!! What really gets me is the banks taking social rent! That means only one type of tennant!!!! I am not naive and am just fed up of Spain not backing ordinary people but make it damn difficult to get shot of these filthy gypsies.
Chriscat

Postby Ginger » Sat Nov 03, 2018 3:56 pm

Moved to Spain after living in France fir a number of years, France has the same problem. Gypsies move onto land or into buildings, couple up to the utilities and stay. Thankfully the French do take action but at what cost to the owners of kand and property?
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby GLASSMAN » Sat Nov 03, 2018 6:12 pm

That's Bad news and sad, that you work hard for something nice ,and the people like gypsies spoil it and take it away from some , and suffer no consequences how did you find out about the gypsies are paying rent to the bank for social housing,thought they were just squatting, interested as Ive seen them, yes theres gangs of them hanging around in the streets at all times of day and nights, they let there kids run wild,and quite a few of the adults beg on the local markets,they do walk round the area looking for easy pickings , ,i was hoping the builder who owns the land opposite would have influence with the police to move this tribe on ,as he is hoping to build on the vacant land opposite ,but he wont sell them with these living opposite,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Chriscat » Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:03 pm

I asked our management for a list of who was paying community charges, the bank was on a number of them so I went and saw the bank and asked why and they said rent was being paid by social. These apartments corresponded with ones occupied by gypsies.
Chriscat

Postby fireblade900 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Chriscat.

Sorry to hear about your situation...Where is the block of flats exactly in Formentera or the name of the block ?
fireblade900

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby brandyboy » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:02 pm

I'm really sorry that your life has been disrupted. Gypsies are a scourge wherever they are.
brandyboy

Next