Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Plugs - for those in Euromarina Houses

Plugs - for those in Euromarina Houses

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:00 pm

I've spent the last week or so trying to locate somewhere that sells, firstly, sink plugs that are fitted in Euromarina homes. The silver ones that you push down to lock and then push again and it pops up.
I've tried Aki, Leroy Merlin, the DIY at the back of Consum, both DIY shops on the way into Los Montesinos and Brico Depot. I did buy one from Don De some years ago but that was a one off and they don't do the same type anymore.
Anyone know where I could get one from? Some do similar types but not the one that just pops in.

Still plugs but electric ones. Again, Euromarina fit plug surrounds with a plastic backing and a silver surround. The plastic bits on the one multi plug in the kitchen (3 sockets and one switch) have cracked and are falling out.
Again, I've tried all the above but no luck. They just have the plastic ones which are too thick to go around the sockets and the Euromarina fitted ones are very narrow (putting the thicker plastic ones on means I can't use the switch for lights).

Anyone in a Euromarina home have any idea where I can get either of the above from?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Re: Plugs - for those in Euromarina Houses

Postby moonraker » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:28 pm

click clack waste is what your looking for i think for the sink ,try cadena 88 lo marabu nr consum just down from quesada
moonraker

Which part of Spain are you from?: daya

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:44 pm

Thanks for the reply but I've tried that one. They don't have the same type I'm afraid.
marcliff

Postby jpeg » Sun Nov 04, 2018 1:43 pm

Have you tries the chinese bazaars also there is a very good store on the road into Almoradi from the AP7 it is on right at the Daya Nueva roundabout
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:25 pm

Yes, I've tried all the Chinese shops and no luck.
I'll have a ride out tomorrow and see if I can find the one near Almoradi.
The only sink ones I can find that are similar would need the actual plug holes replaced to fit them.
Same with the electric surround. I'd need an electrician to completely replace the sockets to fit the size of the available surround.
marcliff

Postby PeteKnight » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:07 pm

They certainly sell the type of sink plugs that you press down to close, then press again to open, at Leroy Merlin. I’ve fitted several myself and know that they sell a variety of styles and diameters. I think these are the ones that I’ve used:
http://www.leroymerlin.es/fp/19710446/valvula-clic-clac-sin-rebosadero-cromada-para-lavabo-equation-

As far as electrical fittings are concerned, the secret is usually to find the manufacturer, then the name that the manufacturer gives to that range. You’ll probably find the manufacturer name on the back of the plastic surrounds, and possibly the name of the range as well. Once you have this it’s easier to find a supplier that has them in stock.
I’m guessing that you’ve checked that none of the ones they sell in Leroy Merlin match the ones you have?
http://www.leroymerlin.es/productos/electricidad/interruptores_y_enchufes/interruptores_y_enchufes.html

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 4:23 pm

No, those ones at Leroy Merlin are not the type. I bought one of those and it doesn't fit. There is no screw type thing on the one Euromarina fits and the clic clac straight chrome one is too wide to fit unfortunately.

The ones that fit around the electric sockets are all too wide for the switch that is fitted, again unfortunately.

I've spent weeks looking round all the usual suspects but no luck so far. I even asked at Euromarina who didn't seem to know where the sub-contractor got them from in the first place.

I've also taken the old plugs (sink and electric surround) with me but just get a shake of the head.

I'll keep trying. The electric one not so important, just looks a little unsightly. Be nice to get a plug for the sink, though. I thought with so many Euromarina properties around in Quesada someone would have had the same problem and know where to get them.
marcliff

Postby LornaG » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Why don’t you go to one of the sites where the workmen are and ask them if they can help. I have done that a few times but not with Euromarina as I don’t have one of their houses. Just a thought.
LornaG

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Rodt » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:18 pm

Give Steve birkett a ring he will know where to get the socket from,try preserve for you click clatter, they will look it up & order 1 for you,euromarina are always in preserving picking stuff up, chances are that's where they came from, the lady in preserving is very helpful,worth a try.
Rodt

Which part of Spain are you from?: pueblo luceroResale

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:21 pm

Sorry, Preserve? Is that your spellchecker changing it from Preyser? Or is there a place called Preserve?
If so, where exactly is it please?
marcliff

Next