Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Licence Transfer

Licence Transfer

Postby Massie57 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:07 am

Any advice on who to go to for UK to SPANISH car licence transfer,requirements/costs etc. TIA.
Massie57

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Re: Licence Transfer

Postby Paulr » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:54 pm

I'd recommend Matt at One Way Services in Quesada:

http://www.one-way-services.com/

We turned up at his office one day, he made our appointments online while we waited, then gave us a list of what we needed, i.e. passports, Extranjeros/Residencia cards, UK licences and 2 photos: these have to be a specific size and you can get them done at The Post Room in Benijofar.

The cost for his service is Eu 130 per person, which includes him driving you to Cartegena where you do the medical (eyesight test), driving test (simulated on a computer) and then he walks you around to the Trafico office to complete the paperwork. We met him at his office in Quesada at 10am and arrived back there at 1.30pm, with temporary licences in hand. The permanent version takes about 5 weeks to arrive.

Matt told us that he uses Cartagena because everything can be done in a half day and the licences are quicker to arrive. Also, for anyone who generally has a problem with their post deliveries, licences are returned to the issuing office and because Matt is there several times a week, he can collect licences which Correos haven't been able to deliver.

I obtained several quotes and the only way I could do it any cheaper was to arrange the medical separately myself, but as it only saved Eu 10 per person, it didn't seem worth it.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby dr.doolittle » Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:53 pm

Did mine with Matt so easy.
dr.doolittle

Postby emwood » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:28 am

Go and see Matt at One Way Services in Quesada for ALL SPANISH documentation inc wills. Absolutely first class service, very fair prices
emwood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada