Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Taxis to and from Alicante airport

Taxis to and from Alicante airport

Postby Wabryce » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:15 pm

Can anyone recommend a taxi company to pick us up from Alicante and drop at La Lugana hotel without charging a fortune.?

Cheers

Billy
Wabryce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Re: Taxis to and from Alicante airport

Postby geoffllo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:30 am

Billy, there are plenty of legal taxis in the Alicante/airport areas. They have a set rate per kilometre, dictated by the local authority.
Taxi operators from this area are not allowed to pick up there, only drop off.
Geoff.
geoffllo

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Marina

Postby mondo » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:43 am

Official taxis from Quesada can and do pick up from the airport, but it is just as easy to get an airport taxi... there are loads of them queuing up outside arrivals... and the cost is not much different....the only way you will get a "cheap" taxi is to get an unlicensed one with all the associated risks of not being insured..

I really don´t get it... people are going to come over, probably spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a holiday in the sun, then worry about spending 10 or 15 euros more for an official taxi.... on the total cost of their holiday it will be negligible....

Oh well, we are all different I suppose..

:?
mondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby Wabryce » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:35 am

Thanks for reply’s, will probably pick up a taxi at the airport.

Cheers
Billy
Wabryce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby 2Sheds » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:45 am

mondo wrote:Official taxis from Quesada can and do pick up from the airport, but it is just as easy to get an airport taxi... there are loads of them queuing up outside arrivals... and the cost is not much different....the only way you will get a "cheap" taxi is to get an unlicensed one with all the associated risks of not being insured..

I really don´t get it... people are going to come over, probably spend hundreds and hundreds of pounds on a holiday in the sun, then worry about spending 10 or 15 euros more for an official taxi.... on the total cost of their holiday it will be negligible....

I don't think it unreasonable to shop around for taxi deals. Especially for those who come and go on a regular basis.

Otherwise why shop around for anything?
2Sheds

Postby polop » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:56 am

2Sheds wrote:
mondo wrote:Official taxis from Quesada can and do pick up from the airport, but it is just as easy to get an airport taxi... there are loads of them queuing up outside arrivals... and the cost is not much different....the only way you will get a "cheap" taxi is to get an unlicensed one with all the associated risks of not being insured..

I don't think it unreasonable to shop around for taxi deals. Especially for those who come and go on a regular basis.

Otherwise why shop around for anything?

I think the point been made is to make sure the taxi you use should be legal,and not illegal, as many people would not use services that are black market in the UK they should do the same here, by using ilegal taxi's you are not insured or helping the economy here. Yes get quotes but be careful.
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby TerryG » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:24 pm

As Mondo said .. walk out of arrivals and you`ll see loads of taxis. Just give them the address and you`ll be away in a few minutes. Nothing could be more simple, so why faff about try to save a few euros.

You`re just getting a taxi, not shopping around for a suite of furniture :roll:
TerryG

Postby Nikon » Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:20 pm

On this we was in Abu Dhabi and a illegal taxi came to us and quoted. Price as we regular travel there we know they rip you of and yes people do fall for it but yes it’s better to get a government registration taxi in the end you will probably not be much different
Nikon

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby marking » Fri Nov 09, 2018 4:28 pm

I use a local taxi. Try www.quesadataxis.com. Reliable and site tells you cost upfront.
marking

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby 2Sheds » Fri Nov 09, 2018 5:26 pm

marking wrote:I use a local taxi. Try http://www.quesadataxis.com. Reliable and site tells you cost upfront.

I've heard that they quite reasonable compared to airport based taxis. That being the case you could save quite a bit if you come and go on a regular basis.
2Sheds

Next