Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Forum taking for ever to load these days

Re: Forum taking for ever to load these days

Postby PeteKnight » Wed Nov 14, 2018 10:28 am

Marcliffe - you’re making this thread much more confusing than it needs to be by incorrectly referring to various web browser software as being Internet Service Providers. You’ve done this twice in two separate replies.

Internet Service Provider (ISP) is the company that provides the internet service to your home. In simple terms, it’s the people you pay your money to every month.

Browser Software is the app or software package that you use to view the internet on your tablet or computer. Microsoft’s default browser is now ‘Edge’, but was previously ‘Internet Explorer’. Apple’s default is ‘Safari’ and most Android based devices (usually phones and tablets) use ‘Google Chrome’ as their default device.
You can install other browsers if you don’t like the default one. I certainly don’t like Microsoft Edge, and because I run a variety of different devices and want my browsing history and favourites to be synchronised across all of my devices, I use Google Chrome as my preferred browser.

Glassman - your current Browser is ‘Internet Explorer’. Microsoft stopped developing this about 3 years ago, and want people to use ‘Edge’ instead. I quite like Internet Explorer (much more than Edge), but you’ll need to change to something more modern at some point, as some modern websites will eventually stop working correctly on Internet Explorer.

I’ll suggest that you install Google Chrome instead. Alex provided a link in an earlier post.

If you’ve saved all of your login usernames and passwords in Internet Explorer then you’ll need to re-enter these the first time that you visit a website using Google Chrome. Because of this, you might want to keep Internet Explorer installed on your laptop so that you can use it to help working-out your username for various websites, and use it as the browser to access those websites if you get stuck.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Previous