Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

foreign speakers in uk

Re: foreign speakers in uk

Postby polop » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:39 pm

marcliff wrote:
manxmunk wrote:I think that you would find this problem in certain other countries in the EU, one rule for them to follow, and a completely different rule that the UK has to follow. Then you wonder why people want us to leave the EU.

Any hints or clues on just what this has to do with the EU?
The UK government decides it wants to provide interpreters. Other governments in Europe decide they want to leave it up to the patient.
Just where does the EU come in to this?

You can't smoke in a bar in London but you can in Prague. Blame the EU for that as well?

UK drives on the left, other countries drive on the right. Blame the EU for that as well?

UK doesn't have ID cards but other countries do. Obviously a fault of the EU.

UK has the Daily Mail.....well, enough said.

Well said !!!!
polop

Which part of Spain are you from?: La finca

Postby Glassfull » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm

marcliff wrote:
manxmunk wrote:I think that you would find this problem in certain other countries in the EU, one rule for them to follow, and a completely different rule that the UK has to follow. Then you wonder why people want us to leave the EU.

Any hints or clues on just what this has to do with the EU?
The UK government decides it wants to provide interpreters. Other governments in Europe decide they want to leave it up to the patient.
Just where does the EU come in to this?

You can't smoke in a bar in London but you can in Prague. Blame the EU for that as well?

UK drives on the left, other countries drive on the right. Blame the EU for that as well?

UK doesn't have ID cards but other countries do. Obviously a fault of the EU.

UK has the Daily Mail.....well, enough said.

Unfortunately, these misconceptions and many many others like it, fuelled the ignorance that carried the day in June 2016. The lies that supported the Leave campaign came in many forms on numerous topics.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby garysl » Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:56 pm

A someone who had had to use the services of language line and paid interpreters, on numerous occasions, in the UK, I can't remember one single occasion that an EU citizen was involved. Ever. It's something the UK chooses to do. Just like it chooses not to enforce EU residency requirements.
garysl

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby cerveza » Sun Nov 18, 2018 8:33 pm

They are sooooo behind with everything except in ripping of , first price for that!
cerveza

Postby Jan » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:11 pm

cerveza wrote:They are sooooo behind with everything except in ripping of , first price for that!

Is it just me...but what does the above mean?
Like us on Facebook to keep in touch: Facebook.com/TalkQuesada
Jan
Site Admin

Which part of Spain are you from?: Lo Marabu Dona Pepa

Postby marcliff » Sun Nov 18, 2018 10:42 pm

Jan wrote:
cerveza wrote:They are sooooo behind with everything except in ripping of , first price for that!

Is it just me...but what does the above mean?

And I thought it was just me. Wonder if the user name gives a hint?
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 am

I think it means ,if your a uk citizen , whos worked and paid into the system all your working life,the uk government of the day still wants to screw you for a little bit more,but if you,ve arrived in the uk with nothing ,you get everything, for nothing contributed, that's how I read it,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Glassfull » Mon Nov 19, 2018 1:09 pm

GLASSMAN wrote:I think it means ,if your a uk citizen , whos worked and paid into the system all your working life,the uk government of the day still wants to screw you for a little bit more,but if you,ve arrived in the uk with nothing ,you get everything, for nothing contributed, that's how I read it,

All babies born in the UK arrive with nothing but somehow we find enough for child benefit and education until they’re old enough to earn, pay taxes and contribute to society. And I suppose your counter to that will be, but their parents have paid all their lives. But, some families take out more than they’ve ever contributed. So, your argument to that will be, “But, their British”. And, personally, I think that’s the crux of most people’s argument.

Its this (UK) Government through its austerity programme, a programme solely designed to assist the wealthy in avoiding its tax burden, has denied the Country of sorely needed funds. Money that could assist not only its own people but the vulnerable and disadvantaged from other countries. It’s what modern, mature, forward thinking Countries, who are not wrapped up in insular, poisonous, Nationalism, do
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby GLASSMAN » Mon Nov 19, 2018 6:42 pm

glassfull wrote And I suppose your counter to that will be, but their parents have paid all their lives. But, some families take out more than they’ve ever contributed. So, your argument to that will be, “But, their British”. And, personally, I think that’s the crux of most people’s argument...……………………………………………………………………. please don't suppose what any ones answer is to any post ! we all have our own views, no matter what they be, whether they be right or wrong,in other persons eyes, i thought the uk contributed to a foreign aid program which uk taxpayers contribute to via there taxes, and yes there are people who avoid paying taxes ,I agree with that,but that's a case no matter which goverments in power,as they all have wealthy benefactors,which avoid paying their taxes by employing clever tax advisors,and always has been,so not just this present government as you state,Even Nationalist goverments have had wealthy benefactors in the past,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Previous