Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

moving to quesada

moving to quesada

Postby asif » Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:56 pm

hello everybody my name is Asif.
im looking to move with my 2 kids to Quesada as i really like it there a few years ago when i visited.
I have a few questions which i was hoping some residents there might help me with,
is it best to to rent for the first year to see how things go or just buy straight of the bat? also with regards to medical how do you find the health care compared to the uk
thanks in advance
asif

Which part of Spain are you from?: newington

Re: moving to quesada

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:38 pm

Firstly, how old are the children? Young ones tend to fit into local schools quite well but older ones (12 or so and above) not so much as they will find the language quite difficult to get to grips with and Brit kids are normally put in a lower class for the first year. The young ones pick it up quickly.
There are private schools, called international schools, but you'd have to budget for that.

Always best to rent at first. Whether is year is too long is a debating point as you would have to become resident here (over 6 months). From the date you become resident, any increase in property in UK will be liable for capital gains tax.
However, it is best to rent just in case things don't work out. House prices are rising here but not as much as UK so you may find it difficult to move back after some time here.
You would also need private medical care for your first year. You need that to get residency. Your children will be covered but not adults until they've been here a year so bear that in mind.

Health care here is second to none. We have a modern medical centre and a modern hospital nearby if needed. You'll get an appointment with the doctor either same day or the following day and it can all be done online.
Just be aware that some of the doctors don't (or won't) speak English so you may have to pay for an interpreter.

We went for an appointment this morning and the receptionist spoke English as did the nurse but the doctor didn't speak one word of English. My Spanish got a bit stretched when she started speaking quickly and my wife kept coming up with medical terms which I hadn't heard before so I winged it (for example, I translated bile as mucous but we got there in the end).

Best of luck. Lots to think about before making the move especially with children.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby asif » Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm

thanks for the reply
8 and 11 are my kids
its a very scary step but at the same time sick of the daily routines here
asif

Which part of Spain are you from?: newington

Postby Black » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:13 pm

You should definitely rent first. Once the novelty wears off and routine sets in, you might have a change of heart. I left London 17 months ago and rented for the first 9, and would never contemplate going back. But then, I don't have to consider kids or income.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Sherlock9103 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:02 am

Ive PM you mate
Sherlock9103

Which part of Spain are you from?: Montebello

Postby ros4111 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:20 am

My son and daugther are in a Spanish school and every year they have new children that dont speak Spanish. First year is always hard for them because usually father/mother didnt care about teach them some Spanish in their country so they arrive here understanding nothing.

I would recommend to teach some spanish there, make them watch serials they like in Spanish(I can help sending them) and movies in Spanish.

If you have a lot of money put them in a private English school but I dont think that is the best option for them now.
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby kevin07 » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:43 am

Hi when you are ready to move do not hesitate to contact us if we can be of assistance we advertise on the forum and have many happy customers thanks Kevin.
Silverdale Transport & Removals
Email: [email protected]
Tel: 01270 872731
Mobile: 07952170306
Mobile: 627 371 937
kevin07

Which part of Spain are you from?: albir

Postby JohnES » Tue Nov 20, 2018 12:25 pm

Your biggest problem may be finding a job that pays enough to keep you and your family over here.
Tradesmen do OK here and a lot work for themselves. Other jobs for Brits are in the catering trade or in shops or offices.
If you do not have a trade or skill you would need to find a job with a contract so that you would be covered for your medical requirements.
I would definitely rent a place for at least 3 months to start with, and an option to extend the rental if needed.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada