Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

What is a Bassora payment all about?

What is a Bassora payment all about?

Postby katerobson » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:12 pm

I have been told that a Bassora bill for 78 Euros has to be paid for rubbish disposal by Rojales Town Hall. Seemingly it used to be part of the water bill but now owners have to pay this. Has anyone heard of this as it seems most strange.
katerobson

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar Del Segura

Re: What is a Bassora payment all about?

Postby marcliff » Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:17 pm

Basura. Used to be collected with your water bill but has now changed to a tax collected by SUMA and depends on the size of your property.
The €78 will be an annual charge and your water bills have been reduced by €19.50 per quarter.
The system was started last year.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby katerobson » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:22 pm

Thanks for the explanation
katerobson

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar Del Segura

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 8:53 am

Basura payment better value in spain ,bins emptied daily here in formentura, any large items taken away free, In UK bins emptied fortnightly,and you have to pay for large items taken away,,,,,,,,,,
I,ve always paid Basura, for the past 10years ,you been lucky then if you only started paying last year Marcliff,
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby marcliff » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:46 am

GLASSMAN wrote:Basura payment better value in spain ,bins emptied daily here in formentura, any large items taken away free, In UK bins emptied fortnightly,and you have to pay for large items taken away,,,,,,,,,,

I,ve always paid Basura, for the past 10years ,you been lucky then if you only started paying last year Marcliff,

Up until last year the payments for basura were included in your water bills so we didn't just start paying it last year. We've always paid the same amount but just collected in a different way.
marcliff

Postby brandyboy » Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:50 am

GLASSMAN wrote:Basura payment better value in spain ,bins emptied daily here in formentura, any large items taken away free, In UK bins emptied fortnightly,and you have to pay for large items taken away,,,,,,,,,,

Marcliff said the basura payment was only separated from the water bill last year. It was alway an itemised item on the water bill. When I came to Spain you had to go to the Ayuntamiento once a year to pay the charge, then it was included on the water bill. Now it is a separate item again.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby GLASSMAN » Tue Nov 20, 2018 10:01 am

yes that's what I said, I,ve paid it every year, :D its better value for the service over in spain
GLASSMAN

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada/

Postby Motareke » Wed Nov 21, 2018 8:43 pm

Well folks,
Please do realize that if we want to keep it as good value, we will have to co operate with the system!
If we, ( as a lot of us do!!!! ) keep dropping everything in and around the bins that isn't supposed to be there like green stuff etc.. they can't keep it at these prices!
They will go up then!! So please lets appreciate what the Spanish are doing for us all and respect their laws and wishes; LETS STOP BAD BEHAVIOR AND CO OPERATE!!
Motareke

Which part of Spain are you from?: QUESADA

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 21, 2018 9:50 pm

Motareke wrote:Well folks,
Please do realize that if we want to keep it as good value, we will have to co operate with the system!
If we, ( as a lot of us do!!!! ) keep dropping everything in and around the bins that isn't supposed to be there like green stuff etc.. they can't keep it at these prices!

They will go up then!! So please lets appreciate what the Spanish are doing for us all and respect their laws and wishes; LETS STOP BAD BEHAVIOR AND CO OPERATE!!

Well said. However, I think you're fighting a losing battle.
Some of you may know the bins on the corner of C/Girona and C/Pamplona. The week before last, two of us went down with brushes and cleaned the entire bit. We called the municipal town hall and they came and collected a broken settee, an old mattress and we put the garden waste in the cardboard boxes that had been dumped there and took them to the recycling bit.
The chap on the corner allowed us to use his tap and we used my pressure washer to clean up the whole corner and swept all the bits up and put them in the bin.
One bin is upside down and has a big hole in it where someone has emptied hot ashes in it. The other green bin is completely split down the front and we secured it with some blue string. The grey bin does have a lid but is cracked inside on three sides. The chap collecting the rubbish said he'd speak to the town hall about replacing them.

For two days the area actually looked clean and tidy.
Going past on Sunday, about half a dozen bags of waste were thrown on the floor, there was yet another mattress (how do people go through them so quickly?), cardboard boxes for a TV and a fridge that hadn't even been flattened and loads of palm fronds dumped by the side of the bin.

You feel, sometimes, like it just isn't worth it.
marcliff

Postby Glassfull » Wed Nov 21, 2018 10:12 pm

Eight litre water bottles dropped in the bin, without being crushed, is a bugbear of mine. Some even have the screw cap still on, so, even if something heavy was deposited on top, they would never collapse.

Some people are just thoughtless and I doubt very much that they live within eyesight of the bins
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Next