Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

selling property

Re: selling property

Postby florimondo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Thank you al lfor your replies.
I have very good abogatos, A Madrid based company with offices locally I also have a real estate agent that I am very comfortable with.
Once again thank you all for your replies.
florimondo

Which part of Spain are you from?: dona pepa

Postby Paulr » Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:30 pm

daz wrote:Strongly recommend use of a lawyer instead of a solicitor and one that is independent of the agent u use to sell. Reasons being, lawyers have the qualifications and are more likely to keep everything legal. And no I am not saying all ‘solicitors’ do illegal things, but from my own bad experiences, I say why take the risk when a qualified lawyer doesn’t cost any more than a someone calling themselves a solicitor. Email a couple and get a price confirmed before you even start. good luck in what ever you decide.

There is no difference between a "lawyer" and a "solicitor", they are generic terms used to describe professionals licensed to practice law - "lawyer" is the term commonly used in the USA, whereas we favour the term "solicitor" in the UK. In Spain, they are called Abogados. You may be getting confused with the term "gestor", used in Spain and Mexico, who is someone who deals with administrative bureaucracy on behalf of a client and does not need to be qualified to practice law in order to act as a gestor.
Paulr

Which part of Spain are you from?: Formentera

Postby DTR » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:10 pm

You don't need a lawyer but it is highly recommended. That said make sure you get an efficient one as too many lawyers are a little too laid back. Try Silvia and her team at Sgm Abogados in Benijofar.
DTR

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby florimondo » Mon Nov 26, 2018 12:31 pm

Thank you DTR if you see from my post earlier I have a very good Abogados.
I highly reputable Madrid based company with local offices, I have used them before and they are first class
Thanks for your feedback though
florimondo

Postby scotfree » Tue Nov 27, 2018 3:58 pm

I have lived in Spain for over 30 years & in that time have bought & sold property several times including my business.This was always in north costa blanca & had no trouble during that time mostly using the estate agent but occasionally using my own Abogado to come as well as he has more legal knowledge than even the Notario to show my buyer ,as an extra,that all was well with the property I was selling to him.I have recently purchased a property here in the south of costa blanca & would not accept the details I was given in the contract as I was concerned there was an illegal build on it which was not on the escritura despite the agency telling me it was "OK".My Abagado confirmed that if it is not on the escritura it is "not legal" & then buyer beware because that problem then becomes yours once you sign at the Notario.After a tussle the illegal build part was taken down at the expense of the vendor & I was able to purchase my new home correctly.I was angry because I know that when we come to a new country which obviously has different regulations,we need to rely on proper information,in fact I did all those years ago,however I am not one of the newbies who could have fallen into a mess now so was able to challenge the agency who had to resolve the situation eventually.The Habitation Certificate was still viable but I would have had to explain the extra building works if/when I came to resell later.I must say I am amazed at how many tales I am told of similar illegal works,whole rows of housing stopped because no licence had been granted for them in this region.So please folks,pay for an Abagado who is a member of the College of Lawyers,to advise you as it may well save you a whole lot of expense & stress later.
scotfree

Which part of Spain are you from?: cuidad quesada

Postby Ginger » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:29 pm

florimondo wrote:Hi Ginger, bit hard to follow your post but I believe that after a sale the govt holds 3% to cover any taxes etc
sorry mu iPad appears to have gone mad.
Ginger

Which part of Spain are you from?: Cartagena, murcia

Postby florimondo » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:41 pm

@ginger....well it is an i pad thank the lord you weren't trying to navigate somewhere
florimondo

Previous