Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Renault service

Renault service

Postby 2Sheds » Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:14 pm

I've just bought a second hand Renault Clio (petrol).
Test drive seemed ok. but I've now noticed that the car is very sluggish until its warmed up.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a local mechanic / garage good at fixing Renaults?
2Sheds

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Re: Renault service

Postby lynny » Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:13 am

If you bought it from a garage take it back you should have a gaurentee with it
lynny

Which part of Spain are you from?: benimar

Postby 2Sheds » Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:40 am

TBH I'd prefer to take it to a recommended garage. I had already factored in the extra cost of getting a full service on the car to iron out any issues and peace of mind. The question is the convenience of a competent local garage or the hassle of going to a Renault garage.

Although the car dealer issues a 12 month warranty, that only covers major mechanical problems - probably a lot of 'get outs'. As I mentioned, the car seemed to behave on the test drive. Only subsequently have I noticed that its very sluggish until warmed up.

So I'd rather pay someone trusted to look at it. Any recommendations most welcome.
2Sheds

Postby earlybay » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:33 pm

03293 La Penya de les Àguiles, Alacant, Spain is the address of official Renault service. I have my car serviced there. (Near Elche)
If sluggish could just be old oil which needs to warm up and thin out. Check dipstick when engine is cold to see if oil is thick. Failing that I’m sure Renault could sort it.
earlybay

Which part of Spain are you from?: Alicante

Postby Babu » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:34 pm

My local Social Media Group has good things to say about the mechanic at the Cepsa Petrol Station on Lemon Tree Rd and reasonable prices too.
Otherwise the Renault garage in Guardamar (near Pick'n'Pay) is supposed to be good . . .
Babu

Which part of Spain are you from?: El Raso

Postby partygoer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 12:52 pm

We always took ours to the main dealers in Torrevieja just along the same side of the road as Iceland.Always found them very good.We took our Modus there for 6 years and no problems.http://gruposerna.es/
partygoer

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby 2Sheds » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:31 pm

Thanks for the info.

Must admit I was hoping for a good local mechanic recommendation. Failing that I'll have to take it to Renault - by which time the car will have warmed up sufficiently to hide the problem!
2Sheds

Postby Paul Uden » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:57 pm

We have a Renault which we bought new from Talleres Ribera in 2005. He was a Renault dealer then. We always take it back there for servicing. Javier, the owner, is a nice guy. It is just before you enter Almoradi coming from the Formentera side.
Paul Uden

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby Trevor52 » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:48 pm

I always use Rojales Autocentre between Rojales and Benimar opposite the BP Garage for servicing my Renault Megane.
Trevor52

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada 2

Postby elchedave » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:44 pm

earlybay,
I think it would have to be old oil & clogged filters/breathers to thicken as you say, normal good quality engine oil is much more viscous (thicker) than old oil which thins rather than thickens with age, fuel dilution etc etc.
elchedave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Next