Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

How easy is it to change electricity supplier?

How easy is it to change electricity supplier?

Postby Roach » Mon Nov 26, 2018 3:21 pm

Iberdrola wish to raise (again!) my electricity by 2 cents a KW just in time for winter.

I now wish to move to someone who is cheaper and vote with my feet.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper supplier and provide details on how difficult is it to change?
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Re: How easy is it to change electricity supplier?

Postby Altos » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:37 pm

Try using iberswitch they do all the work for you.
Altos

Which part of Spain are you from?: ave Airoporto

Postby si si dave » Tue Nov 27, 2018 11:55 am

I use Iberswitch and they are brilliant and for around 3.50 euro a month they will do all the work for you and they always look for the cheapest electricity supplier.
si si dave

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby milor » Tue Nov 27, 2018 2:23 pm

SiSi Dave
Iberswitch are charging you 42 euros a year, for their service then. This means that you must have to save that amount on your unit cost before actually making a saving.
Could you share with us your current Kwh rates, as I am on the Iberdrola goverment regulated tariff, which is supposed to be the lowest price tariff. Thanks
milor

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benimar

Postby JohnES » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:11 pm

I would not use Iberswitch if I were you. I tried them about 2 years ago and they put me on a higher tariff than I had been on with Iberdrola.
The most annoying thing was that I could not go back to my original tariff as Iberdrola no longer offered that.
They did install a new meter which allowed me to switch to a day/night tariff. I did block the management fee that Iberswitch tried to charge me and I am now with Gas Nat. Fenosa (Now Naturgy) as I get a 5% discount.
There is an official comparison site for both gas and electricity called Comparadorofertasenergia.CNMC.ES where you can put in your post code and compare electricity prices of all companies in this area. Once you have selected another company and sign on with them they will inform your existing company to terminate their contract so it is quite easy to switch.
JohnES

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Paul58 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:32 am

Roach wrote:Iberdrola wish to raise (again!) my electricity by 2 cents a KW just in time for winter.

Can anyone recommend a cheaper supplier and provide details on how difficult is it to change?

Before you switch supplier. Do you have a smart meter? (monthly bills) & Have you had chance to check out Iberdrola's various plans?
eg night plan, winter plan, 8 hour plan etc ......see https://www.iberdrola.es/en

We moved onto their 8 hour plan and pick any period (total 8 hours) for nearly half price electricity. We now use the water heater on a timer and use the washing machine, AC, dishwasher, oven etc during our cheaper period. We picked 9am to 12 and 6pm to 11pm, which works well for us.
Paul58

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Tonygood » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:33 am

We changed to Nordic Energy
Our bills are now a third cheaper.
Go online and give them a call.
They do everything for you and the bill is in English so easier to see what you payfor.
Tonygood

Which part of Spain are you from?: Benijofar

Postby Roach » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:57 pm

si si dave wrote:I use Iberswitch and they are brilliant and for around 3.50 euro a month they will do all the work for you and they always look for the cheapest electricity supplier.

Thanks but their website says they charge 53e per year. That's a months electric before you start to save any money.
Roach

Postby Roach » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:00 pm

Paul58 wrote:
Roach wrote:Iberdrola wish to raise (again!) my electricity by 2 cents a KW just in time for winter.

Before you switch supplier. Do you have a smart meter? (monthly bills) & Have you had chance to check out Iberdrola's various plans?
eg night plan, winter plan, 8 hour plan etc ......see https://www.iberdrola.es/en

We moved onto their 8 hour plan and pick any period (total 8 hours) for nearly half price electricity. We now use the water heater on a timer and use the washing machine, AC, dishwasher, oven etc during our cheaper period. We picked 9am to 12 and 6pm to 11pm, which works well for us.

I have to work out whether or not the 8 hour plan would work. Personally i just like to pay the same rate all day every day then i am not clock watching all the time. It's worth looking into i suppose. How much do you save on average?
Roach

Postby Roach » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:01 pm

JohnES wrote:I would not use Iberswitch if I were you. I tried them about 2 years ago and they put me on a higher tariff than I had been on with Iberdrola.
The most annoying thing was that I could not go back to my original tariff as Iberdrola no longer offered that.
They did install a new meter which allowed me to switch to a day/night tariff. I did block the management fee that Iberswitch tried to charge me and I am now with Gas Nat. Fenosa (Now Naturgy) as I get a 5% discount.
There is an official comparison site for both gas and electricity called Comparadorofertasenergia.CNMC.ES where you can put in your post code and compare electricity prices of all companies in this area. Once you have selected another company and sign on with them they will inform your existing company to terminate their contract so it is quite easy to switch.

Hi i tried the website you mentioned but keep getting a timed out message. Is it definitely the right one? Thanks.
Roach

Next