Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Villamartin v Ciudad Quesada

Re: Villamartin v Ciudad Quesada

Postby Black » Wed Nov 28, 2018 9:15 pm

marcliff wrote:
When was that, Tom?

I briefly stayed in VM in October 2016, on one of my recces before moving over. Admittedly it would be pretty quiet in October, but even then it did not have any sense of place, it just felt like a soul-less estate.

When we moved over in June 2017 we rented in La Florida for a few months, whilst house-hunting. We viewed some houses in VM but although they were impressive, the area felt wrong. To be fair that's how we felt about most of Orihuela Costa.

We kept being drawn back to Quesada and eventually bought here. Where we are now (overlooking La Marquesa) is closer to Rojales than Quesada centre, so perhaps it has more of a sense of place for that reason.

Of course it's all subjective. We had relatives over in the summer, they are looking to relocate to Spain. They found Quesada too quiet but seemed to love Orihuela Costa. Each to his own.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby brandyboy » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:07 pm

I have lived in Quesada for many years and am still very happy here.
The centre of Quesada desperately needs the revamp that has been promised for so long, I try to avoid the area as much as possible, in fact Iiving where I do on Quesada I tend to use Guardamar as my home town.
Having said that, the centre of Quesada is so busy because it is so popular with people from miles around..
The main thing with Quesada is that it can be what you want it to be, that isn´t true of many areas.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Joyce » Thu Nov 29, 2018 9:25 am

I have lived in Dona Pepa for 12 years and I love it, I can walk into Quesada, a post box, 4 supermarkets
Bars and Restaurants all within 15 minutes. We rented in VM but found lots of things more expensive, and although in some areas you can get the bus we didn't want to live there. It's just personal preference rent a place in each area for a few weeks and decide yourself
Joyce

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa

Postby Gasplumbman » Thu Nov 29, 2018 10:22 am

Us humans are all different P.Ks advice as usual is pretty good,make sure you have a good look round,one day you,ll drive somewhere and it,ll be wow love this place it,ll be the one there are so many lovely places in this area,good luck with it,I have never regretted it
Gasplumbman

Which part of Spain are you from?: Orihuela costa

Postby ahlafinca » Thu Nov 29, 2018 12:52 pm

A good compromise is Benijofar ! We are within walking distance of Quesada and Benijofar....a quiet area Atalaya Park .....love being near all the facilities ....reasonable restaurants and bars in both areas ....excellent shopping ....it is not, an urbanization so no fees to pay and no restrictive rules that you can get in many areas.
ahlafinca

Which part of Spain are you from?: Atalaya park

Postby brandyboy » Thu Nov 29, 2018 8:03 pm

ahlafinca wrote:A good compromise is Benijofar ! We are within walking distance of Quesada and Benijofar....a quiet area Atalaya Park .....love being near all the facilities ....reasonable restaurants and bars in both areas ....excellent shopping ....it is not, an urbanization so no fees to pay and no restrictive rules that you can get in many areas.

Many many of the properties on Quesada pay no fees and are subject to no more restrictive rules than you are. I think that if you are offering advice it´s important to get your facts straight.
brandyboy

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Previous