Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

Villamartin v Ciudad Quesada

Villamartin v Ciudad Quesada

Postby Marango » Wed Nov 28, 2018 11:48 am

Please advise new potential buyer in either VM or CQ and why CQ or VM is better than the other. Appreciate opinions are subjective.
Cheers guys
Marango

Re: Villamartin v Ciudad Quesada

Postby PeteKnight » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:00 pm

That’s a bit like saying tell me which is best, Citroen or Renault. Some people will argue strongly for one or the other, and many will say neither.

I live near Villamartin, but spend a reasonable amount of time in the Quesada area for one reason or another. I like where I live and wouldn’t want to move, but it’s really down to personal preference and what you’re looking for in terms of budget, property style, access to entertainment/bars/restaurants etc.

In Villamartin I wouldn’t want to be within earshot of the Plaza. In Quesada I find the Main Street a bit too busy for my liking, especially during summer, but it’s each to their own. We looked at a couple of houses on the Lo Crispin urbanisation near Quesada, but hated the location. In a similar way, we were interested in the online pictures of a property on the Blue Lagoon urbanisation near Villamartin, but when we looked at the urbanisation it was immediately crossed-off our list.

My advice would be to see both locations during both the low and high seasons (there’s a very big difference) and spend time walking, driving around, shopping and eating in both areas.
If you can then it’s probably better to rent rather than buy if you’re not certain.

Also, even if you decide on a particular area, properties just a few streets away from each other can be very different places to live.

Pete.
PeteKnight

Which part of Spain are you from?: Villamartin

Postby Dot » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:07 pm

I agree both quite different ,I live on outskirts of Quesada but like to visit VM....I would say it's busier and square noisy in peak season ....but fun.
Dot

Which part of Spain are you from?: lo marabu

Postby Marango » Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:43 pm

Thanks for response as I said in post fully appreciate opinions will be subjective but there may be a common theme arising for both or either that will help. Thanks for responses thus far.
Marango

Postby Kontiki665s » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:23 pm

Hi Marango,

We live on the La Marquesa golf course, we are so happy here because it is so quiet. If that is what you are looking for I can recommend Calle Onda, Calle San Miguel and any cul-de-sac off both. I have a friend who is selling her villa which is off Calle Onda in a wonderful position and for the build and plot square footage is an absolute bargain at approx. €397k and they overlook the golf course and the sea. Let me know if you need the address. regards
Kontiki665s

Which part of Spain are you from?: quesada

Postby Marango » Wed Nov 28, 2018 2:28 pm

Thanks we are looking at Don Pepa so La Marquesa is a bit too far out and as second home budget is quite a lot less! But thanks for response.
Kind regards.
Marango

Postby Titch » Wed Nov 28, 2018 3:18 pm

We've lived here year-round for 14 years and so glad we made the right choice. We did visit VM on inspection trip, but as soon as we were driven in CQ we knew this is where we wanted to be. It's quiet but still with the lovely community spirit, it has a bustling town Centre which we can walk down to, Rojales market is great, especially the fruit and veg, lots of activities to get involved in, then if you like walking there's the Recorral from where you can start a long walk all the way to Guardamar if you choose. Flatter walk to Guardamar along the river in Rojales. All this a short drive from some lovely beaches ...
Titch

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada

Postby Marango » Wed Nov 28, 2018 4:00 pm

Thanks Julia
Marango

Postby Black » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:41 pm

I (briefly) considered VM but in the end decided it felt like a ghost town compared to Quesada.
Apart from the Plaza (which is an overpriced tourist trap) there is no sense of place.

Quesada feels more like a living, breathing town.
Last edited by Black on Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black

Which part of Spain are you from?: Ciudad Quesada

Postby marcliff » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:52 pm

Tom1957 wrote:I (briefly) considered VM but in the end decided it felt like a ghost town compared to Quesada.
Apart from te Plaza (which is an overpriced tourist trap) there is no sense of place.

Quesada feels more like a living, breathing town.

When was that, Tom?
I have lived in both (well, El Galan which is next door to VM).
That was some 14 or 15 years ago and, yes, in certain seasons it did seem like a ghost town. But they have now built lots more houses and communities around so it is a lot busier that it used to be. In my day, mainly apartments around the approaches that were always being broken into as nobody actually lived there. That has all changed now for the better.

It used to be full in the golfing season and little else but every time I go through it now the improvements are there to see.
It also has the advantage of a regular bus service to the beach and around which is something lacking in Quesada and is a very short journey to Zenia Boulevard. (That could be a disadvantage as my OH would probably be shopping there every other day).

Saying that, I do prefer Quesada with all the amenities around including the water park, the bowling alley, the variety of shops which is getting better all the time, the mini golf plus the big boys golf course just up the road.

We moved from El Galan after about 5 years but only because we wanted a house with garden as opposed to the apartment we had (being quiet as you can when the downstairs lot were there and so on). The main houses in that area were then poorly built by a company that put up hundreds of illegal builds (look for the problems at Bosque de Las Lomas which is opposite Blue Lagoon) which weren't particularly well built either (Technologia Urbanistica).

Another advantage is that Quesada really is an all year round location. Even the Orihuela Costa area can be like a ghost town in the winter months whereas I've never felt like that about Quesada.

As said before, look at both. Try renting in both areas for six months or so to get a feel of the place.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Next