Join Talk Quesada

Welcome to Talk Quesada! My name's Alex and this is my website all about Ciudad Quesada in Spain. Talk Quesada is free to sign up and use so register below!

New speed limits on CV905 Torrevieja to Quesada

Re: New speed limits on CV905 Torrevieja to Quesada

Postby jpeg » Sun Dec 02, 2018 10:48 am

If the sign says 50KPH than that's the max you should be doing, hard luck on the idiots behind
jpeg

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dolores

Postby Janjan » Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:36 am

It won't belong before there is a Radar Trap unless they put in hidden Cameras which they are apt to do.
Janjan

Which part of Spain are you from?: Quesada area

Postby Roach » Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:54 pm

It's a bit bizarre to lower it to 50 on a duel carriageway. That alone will probably cause accidents or at least road rage with the drivers that like to sit right on your rear bumper. So it's not speed that will kill on this road but boredom or old age while you wait to reach your destination. I think i'll sell my car and get a horse instead as it'll be quicker.
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

Postby schuman » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:28 pm

We drove along there this morning at 60....I know we were breaking the limit. But no one sat behind us. Every car overtook us including a Policia Local car, and he didn't look like he was rushing to the scene of an incident.
schuman

Which part of Spain are you from?: La Siesta Torrevieja

Postby marcliff » Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:34 pm

Roach wrote:It's a bit bizarre to lower it to 50 on a duel carriageway. That alone will probably cause accidents or at least road rage with the drivers that like to sit right on your rear bumper. So it's not speed that will kill on this road but boredom or old age while you wait to reach your destination. I think i'll sell my car and get a horse instead as it'll be quicker.

I know it often seems that the drivers are having a bit of road rage and look like it wouldn't take long to get out with pistols or swords drawn but I should point out it's a dual carriageway.
marcliff

Which part of Spain are you from?: Dona Pepa 2

Postby william » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:16 pm

There has been lots of accidents on this stretch of road plus it was being used like a race track.
william

Which part of Spain are you from?: Torrevieja

Postby ros4111 » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:31 pm

I went to Nederland 3 years ago. I was surprise how speed limits were low compared with Spain.

In a 5 line highway I was driving on 3º on the limit and NOONE overtook me with the car. At some point I was driving 104km/h in a 100km/h limited road and they sent me a ticket to Spain.

I got 4 tickets in my live in Spain and i dont blain Police because it was my fault always.

Speed limits are not to take money, it is about safty.
ros4111

Which part of Spain are you from?: Guardamar

Postby Glassfull » Sun Dec 02, 2018 3:57 pm

ros4111 wrote:I went to Nederland 3 years ago. I was surprise how speed limits were low compared with Spain.

In a 5 line highway I was driving on 3º on the limit and NOONE overtook me with the car. At some point I was driving 104km/h in a 100km/h limited road and they sent me a ticket to Spain.

I got 4 tickets in my live in Spain and i dont blain Police because it was my fault always.

Speed limits are not to take money, it is about safty.
Glassfull

Which part of Spain are you from?: Rojales

Postby Jabberwocky » Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:36 pm

Pity the police weren't there this lunchtime, Motor bikers using it as a Race track, at speeds well over 100mph
and you can hear them from afar.........
Jabberwocky

Which part of Spain are you from?: Close to Torrevieja

Postby Roach » Sun Dec 02, 2018 8:55 pm

marcliff wrote:
Roach wrote:It's a bit bizarre to lower it to 50 on a duel carriageway. That alone will probably cause accidents or at least road rage with the drivers that like to sit right on your rear bumper. So it's not speed that will kill on this road but boredom or old age while you wait to reach your destination. I think i'll sell my car and get a horse instead as it'll be quicker.

I know it often seems that the drivers are having a bit of road rage and look like it wouldn't take long to get out with pistols or swords drawn but I should point out it's a dual carriageway.

I see what you did there marcliff. Duel
Roach

Which part of Spain are you from?: San Miguel

PreviousNext